Reel Cleaning - MA Frog Man (reelcleanreels)

buzzed bait

I just received a couple of reels back from @MA Frog Man or reelcleanreels on IG and thought i would leave a quick review on him here in case anybody else is looking for someone to service some reels for them.  This is the second time I've sent some reels to Adam and both experiences were excellent.  This time i sent 2 reels and I don't think he had them in hand for more than 3 days before he was ready to send them back to me!  One reel was a HD Zillion i purchased secondhand and it was all gooped up with that red Quantum hot sauce garbage...  had it out for a spin over the weekend and it's performing better than my other HD Zillion that i purchased new in box!  

Great communication, very reasonable pricing and a quick turnaround....  i've got a couple more to box up and send his way this week!

12 hours ago, buzzed bait said:

I just received a couple of reels back from @MA Frog Man or reelcleanreels on IG and thought i would leave a quick review on him here in case anybody else is looking for someone to service some reels for them.  This is the second time I've sent some reels to Adam and both experiences were excellent.  This time i sent 2 reels and I don't think he had them in hand for more than 3 days before he was ready to send them back to me!  One reel was a HD Zillion i purchased secondhand and it was all gooped up with that red Quantum hot sauce garbage...  had it out for a spin over the weekend and it's performing better than my other HD Zillion that i purchased new in box!  

Great communication, very reasonable pricing and a quick turnaround....  i've got a couple more to box up and send his way this week!

Couldnt agree more. I put him through hell with a reel we couldnt figure out the issue at all.  Adam went above and beyond to help.

My go to for any reel service or repair!

Oh yeah, he’s a good dood.  I just got my conquest back and it’s butter smooth.  Adam was very professional and his communication was outstanding. I was a bit apprehensive at first but his honesty and communication is was sold me.  I’ll be sending him all my reels eventually.  Thanks again for the service Adam!

-dave

Awesome service. Sent in two reels. One that was assembled wrong and did not work. Guess who? Me! Ha Ha. Ordered the parts needed for the builds. Great communication throughout the whole process. Reels came back really nice. I never have had a 300E that performed as well as it did when I got it back. Stoked that there are still services that go above and beyond. Everyone should be as well. He’s our swimbait Homie Slammer OG!!!! Thanks for everything Adam. 

On 5/11/2020 at 11:13 AM, buzzed bait said:

On 5/11/2020 at 11:39 PM, StriperAddict said:

Couldnt agree more. I put him through hell with a reel we couldnt figure out the issue at all.  Adam went above and beyond to help.

My go to for any reel service or repair!

On 5/13/2020 at 12:10 AM, bake and waker said:

Oh yeah, he’s a good dood.  I just got my conquest back and it’s butter smooth.  Adam was very professional and his communication was outstanding. I was a bit apprehensive at first but his honesty and communication is was sold me.  I’ll be sending him all my reels eventually.  Thanks again for the service Adam!

-dave

On 5/13/2020 at 7:07 PM, SumoNinja said:

Got my conquest 401 and lexa 300 from him pretty quick.

Upgraded to bocas and replaced a spool tension knob. 

Excellent communication and customer service 

22 hours ago, Bass24hr said:

Definitely agree with all the feedback for @MA Frog Man.  Sent him 3 reels for service with bearing upgrades and I was very happy with the results! Only reelcleanreels (IG) from here on out. Give him a chance and you will not be disappointed. 

3 hours ago, bassfiend72 said:

Awesome service. Sent in two reels. One that was assembled wrong and did not work. Guess who? Me! Ha Ha. Ordered the parts needed for the builds. Great communication throughout the whole process. Reels came back really nice. I never have had a 300E that performed as well as it did when I got it back. Stoked that there are still services that go above and beyond. Everyone should be as well. He’s our swimbait Homie Slammer OG!!!! Thanks for everything Adam. 

Its been a pleasure to deal with all you guys. A year and a half ago I wouldn't have ever thought that by now I would have serviced hundreds of reels from almost all 50 states and that ReelCleanReels would be competing with my full time job. Its all thanks to you guys who decided to trust some random guy from Instagram with your reels. I can't thank you enough. If you ever need anything you know where to find me. Thank you 

ill add another great review. 

had adam do my 2 calcutta 400s last season, cleaned, serviced, new side plate (i fell on some rocks and put a nice dent in it) one of them had this weird issue which ended up beiing this tiny shim or spring that needed to be replaced, got the part and had it fixed super quick. He had an extra spool bearing kicking around and thru that in, no charge, what a diffrence that little bearing makes in casting distance. 

Then this off season I had him do 8 reels for myself (3 calcutta 400s, daiwa shrapnel, daiwa millionaire sw, 2 daiwa millionaire 253s, and a brand new daiwa coastal 200) did the bearing upgrade in the calcuttas, upgraded drag in the SW and just had him clean/service/inspect the others. 

He also did my buddies 3 reels, one of which was a calcutta 400 that had zero service since 2014. 

great communication and turn around times, any issues that arose were handled before any parts where ordered and overall price/value is outstanding. 

I'm a pretty handy guy but I don't mess with fishing reels, so glad to have found someone that is trained/skilled/honest handling my reels. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just sent him a tatula 200 about 6 years old that has never been service and started seizing on me. Just got it back this morning and it feels like I just unboxed it. Definitely will be sending the rest of my reels over this winter!

On 5/14/2020 at 10:23 PM, chefchris said:

ill add another great review. 

had adam do my 2 calcutta 400s last season, cleaned, serviced, new side plate (i fell on some rocks and put a nice dent in it) one of them had this weird issue which ended up beiing this tiny shim or spring that needed to be replaced, got the part and had it fixed super quick. He had an extra spool bearing kicking around and thru that in, no charge, what a diffrence that little bearing makes in casting distance. 

Then this off season I had him do 8 reels for myself (3 calcutta 400s, Daiwa shrapnel, Daiwa millionaire sw, 2 Daiwa millionaire 253s, and a brand new Daiwa coastal 200) did the bearing upgrade in the calcuttas, upgraded drag in the SW and just had him clean/service/inspect the others. 

He also did my buddies 3 reels, one of which was a calcutta 400 that had zero service since 2014. 

great communication and turn around times, any issues that arose were handled before any parts where ordered and overall price/value is outstanding. 

I'm a pretty handy guy but I don't mess with fishing reels, so glad to have found someone that is trained/skilled/honest handling my reels. 

On 6/2/2020 at 10:49 PM, azsouth said:

@MA Frog Man He is the reel deal, I just got back 4 reels that I sent him.

Squeaky freakin’ Clean and good turn around!

Don’t hesitate to send him your reels, I know I will be sending more his way.

10 hours ago, Kyle1387 said:

Just sent him a tatula 200 about 6 years old that has never been service and started seizing on me. Just got it back this morning and it feels like I just unboxed it. Definitely will be sending the rest of my reels over this winter!

6 hours ago, Scrambass said:

Yup does great work. Glad to know hes on here too. 

Thank you all. I really appreciate all the positive feedback

• 2 weeks later...

Not that he’s hurting for good reviews but I’ll add one more just to pile it on. Sent him my old old old ~2002 Calcutta Conquest 200 a few weeks ago. I take good care of it, kinda, but it was old and tired and in need of TLC. It’s caught yellowtail, tons of calicos and other salty fish, and been used a lot in freshwater too. It was rough to say the least, and almost 20 years old. 

Got the reel back today and it’s in great shape now, nice linear drag again, and super smooth and quiet. I’ll be sorting through some stuff and sending more his way when I get the chance. Easy to deal with and good work, can’t go wrong.