Gomexus "DRT Styled" Knobs

_diggy_

4 minutes ago, Jinxd12 said:

How much lol, I bought a Lixada handle 105mm for my Abu before I threw Swimbaits. Worked well for like 2 years! $9

30$ i hope these last longer! haha

On 6/19/2020 at 2:57 PM, bassbass said:

Are guys are funny spending crazy cash on handles and knobs...all the reels I buy come with handles and knobs and not once did I ever say I lost a big fish because of the knobs on my reel.

I've wondered the same since they came out. To spend as much on a reel for the damn handle and knobs seems soooo ridiculous to me...... I've had the same Shinanos for years.... have yet to complain about my handles and knobs lol.... bearings and drag washers need replacing every now and then, but that's typical after usage. The millennials of fishermen crack me up. 

"you guys wild with the 200 dollar handles, ish sometimes they cost more than the damn reel" 

Same could be said about swimbait fishing. Guys spending crazy money on baits when you can dig up a worm free. Or a guy that buys a bass boat with sparkles and 10 different flat screens. Point is it is a little arrogant to comment on how other people spend their money in a place where we all buy overpriced toys we don't need. 

22 hours ago, El_Weruso said:

Has anyone actually tried their stuff? Got a handle for my steez and am In love with them so far. Going to see how they do over time

Screenshot_20200623-152648.jpg

I'm ogling their products right now on their website, little surprised I'd never heard of them. Compared to what SLP, Livre, DRT, and ZPI ask for their handles and knobs these are a bargain. Fifty bucks on the high end of handles and twenty-bucks on the high end for knobs. Definitely worth it compared to the alternative. 

15 hours ago, BrierBob said:

"you guys wild with the 200 dollar handles, ish sometimes they cost more than the damn reel" 

Same could be said about swimbait fishing. Guys spending crazy money on baits when you can dig up a worm free. Or a guy that buys a bass boat with sparkles and 10 different flat screens. Point is it is a little arrogant to comment on how other people spend their money in a place where we all buy overpriced toys we don't need. 

True about swimbaits, we spend a lot for something that a worm can catch.... however,  swimbaits give us an opportunity to target larger fish than a worm can do, that's why most of us are all here.....sure a guy might catch a tank on a worm, but the average size fish caught on swimbaits kind of out weigh the size of fish caught on worms.... right? As far as boats go, also a higher chance at targeting larger/more fish than you can without..... can typically get to more unfished water from a boat than you can from the bank. "Flat screens" are also another piece of technology that helps an angler understand the water more than a guy without.  They're all pretty helpful tools in targeting bigger fish. A handle and knobs however..... I still don't get it. Especially on reels that cost 300+ dollars. Their handles and knobs work just fine, even though they're plain looking. I guess I just like spending my money on things that actually help me catch fish, I don't care what I look like on the water, not trying to impress anyone with my reel handle and knobs.  But to each their own, could care less what people spend their money on, just think it's funny.  The more money and time members spend looking for and buying handles and knobs means..... more baits for me :). 

The DRT handles sure do look nice and I am sure they perform well otherwise why the hell would someone spend that kinda dough, but the simple fact I came to was 1. I will probably never get them at a decent price and...

2. I’d never pay retail or mark up like others do

I am probably into this handle and knobs $15 total, ordered off of Ali express and for being some Chinese ish I’m actually really impressed with the quality. Gives me the feel and torque that I’m after and even though the colors don’t match the reel perfectly for $15 i am satisfied. I’ll save the other $185 for another reel that i will stick another $15 handle on that does what i need it to do. 

8F7477F8-007B-429B-8519-CD64F6B3BAAD.jpeg

DE76A3E2-7DDF-41DE-B484-0ED1720E3C00.jpeg

Edited by rogers954

I mean, YMMV...but I'm really impressed with my 100 handle with the new flat knobs. So much in fact that I carry the star key around and put that handle on whatever reel I want to use at the moment. It just feels good in my hand def doesn't catch fish but ergonomics is pretty titty wigs for me

15 hours ago, thebeardedbassman said:

True about swimbaits, we spend a lot for something that a worm can catch.... however,  swimbaits give us an opportunity to target larger fish than a worm can do, that's why most of us are all here.....sure a guy might catch a tank on a worm, but the average size fish caught on swimbaits kind of out weigh the size of fish caught on worms.... right? As far as boats go, also a higher chance at targeting larger/more fish than you can without..... can typically get to more unfished water from a boat than you can from the bank. "Flat screens" are also another piece of technology that helps an angler understand the water more than a guy without.  They're all pretty helpful tools in targeting bigger fish. A handle and knobs however..... I still don't get it. Especially on reels that cost 300+ dollars. Their handles and knobs work just fine, even though they're plain looking. I guess I just like spending my money on things that actually help me catch fish, I don't care what I look like on the water, not trying to impress anyone with my reel handle and knobs.  But to each their own, could care less what people spend their money on, just think it's funny.  The more money and time members spend looking for and buying handles and knobs means..... more baits for me :). 

Just because you don't understand it or its not your cup of tea means you should publicly bash the company and make fun of the people that buy them? Sorry, that's pretty weak.

12 minutes ago, BrierBob said:

Just because you don't understand it or its not your cup of tea means you should publicly bash the company and make fun of the people that buy them? Sorry, that's pretty weak.

I dont see one word of this as making fun of or bashing anyone dude. Just stating his opinion. Maybe you should re read his post

1 minute ago, BrierBob said:

Saying drt handles are a rip off and the people that use them are in a fashion show.  Maybe I read too much into it so sorry I'll keep to myself.

Gotta admit big bait fishing has become a "look at me and all the stuff Ive got" for some. While alot of us just wanna fish.

No need to keep to yourself man everyone has the right to voice their opinion anywhere anytime.