Your Top 3 Favorite Lure Makers

Ridgebaiter

14 minutes ago, GregoSD said:

Surprised to see Fish Everything on your list. Bought a taxi trout from them a month ago and still hasn’t shipped. Wasn’t a preorder either. Doesn’t respond to emails or DM’s. Gave them a chance even though they have a lot of bad feedback when it comes to customer service but definitely never doing business with them again..

Not the first I’ve heard of that but I’ve contacted him via instagram multiple times and he’s always gotten back to me. It was never anything crazy but he’s always responded. Even though having them on my list has to do with their baits not their service, I can honestly say I haven’t had an issue. 

In no exact order;

Mattlures- great baits and Matt truly cares about the people using them.

MS Slammer- Mike has been making baits "for the working man" for decades.  Phone him up and you can tell he really enjoys helping people catch fish.

Toxic- Lots of creative baits, lots of great customer service and zero bullshit.

Real Prey- I'm much more a hard swimbait guy than the soft types but I have to say Joe is incredible with his level of service.  Want a slightly lighter orange tint to the fins on a bait?- Joe will make exactly what you want for no upchage and send it out pronto.  You don't find that everyday.

Scott w/ Triple Trouts (excellent CS and quality everytime)

Big Feast with Big Feast Baits (Super quality and service -good dude)

UFO Bait Co (Baits are highend quality and service and communication top notch)
P.S.

LDC (Top quality and performance-Ben always answers my questions and keeps in touch on pending orders)

Many more 5 star ratings: (Mike Shaw,Toxic,Yunique,WCZ,etc)

Listing custom / low production bait makers ...

Matt lures - great guy who has been consistently making top notch baits for years

Bucca/ Bullshad  - very good baits that are not too difficult to acquire, responds to emails

Real Prey - durable well made baits, excellent customer service

• 3 months later...

Some might find mine a bit different but,....

1. WCZ. Mike is a great dude and has always communicated the same day, REGARDLESS of whatever I am inquiring about. Even helped me with some advice on a Hudd harness issue. Just wish his stuff didn’t sell out in 41 seconds...

2. Catch Em Caro. These baits flat catch fish. Simplistic, easy to fish, durable. Although.... customer service is literally non-existent. Have never received a reply to email, had any one pick up a phone, or received ANY communication of ANY kind. But, the baits are legit. 

3. Jackall. The Gantia is the single best producing bait I have ever used. That’s including conventional baits. I’ve had 3 or 4 days where I have caught over 20 fish. Also had great success on the Gantarel. Never had to require any customer service though. 

Runner up.... Nates. His wake, although impossible to find, is the best topwater bait I’ve used. Reached out a few time with no luck. Do not have social media other than SU, so that may be the cause. Btw.... if anyone has any spare Nates Wake tails.......lemme know. 

Again I have to bring up Joe at real prey. His customer service is top notch and the baits match. I can't think of anyone else who will do completely custom colors and sink rates free of extra charge 

Mr. Zorba is another company that I really like, super cool baits at a very reasonable price.