Bass patterns

Mossypumpkin

Try looking for a bass pattern Triple Trout.

Not trying to jack your post but figure if we're talking about bass patterns I'll ask.

Has any caught any smallies on bass pattern baits.

Yes, bass slammer caught me some smallies.

I forgot about that. I was double checking cause I can't wait to fish AZ

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Ramen, we dont have 8+ bass here :lol: Biggest fish I'v seen in my life went 7.98. But I see what you are saying, for sure. I will have to pick up some bass baits I guess. Not sure what to get as I will NOT be able to afford a 3:16 anytime :lol: Kinda thought about looking for a Realprey, but idk how hard they are to get a hold of. I have some other baits I'm gonna need first, though ;)

A NIB Realprey bass just sold on the other site for $30...Nice bait

Oh, I saw. I shoulda jumped on it. Gotta watch my funds tho and $30 seems like a lot to me for a soft bait. But hey, what's another $30? I've just spent $300 on a rod/reel/ baits :lol:

Just so you know Joes baits are not regular soft baits, they are made out of a silicon and last a lot longer, so to me $30 is not a bad price at all.

I've seen lakes that are overpopulated with baby bass, so much so that you catch 50 bass a day but they're all 10-12 inches and then you catch a 5+. I think those bigger bass key almost solely on the baby bass. Also a lot of small bass don't have markings. Just silver with a greenish gold back. I can email pics if you're interested in Hudd/ bass comparison.

Jcanaday, that's what I had heard. I would really like to try his alewife or shiner, too!

I've seen lakes that are overpopulated with baby bass, so much so that you catch 50 bass a day but they're all 10-12 inches and then you catch a 5+. I think those bigger bass key almost solely on the baby bass. Also a lot of small bass don't have markings. Just silver with a greenish gold back. I can email pics if you're interested in Hudd/ bass comparison.

Mason, I actually have a green back 6" on the way and thought about doing the same. If I was any good I would try to do up a brook trout. That would be awesome to have here!

I just sold one on here for $30! Lol ill slang you one if your really serious about throwing it. Its a big bait, dwarfs a hudd. Ive been using it but im a hardbait guy and i just got my hf baa so i wont be throwing much else except my rats. The silicone is awesome and tough, id say 50 would be cheap, the paint is actually silicone too so it doesnt wear off. Send me a pm if you want it

Bass is probablly my favorite pattern! Like others said it works anywhere, when I was living in FL the bigger bass were schooling smaller minnows up against the shore and would bum rush them and get a whole mouthful. I would throw my bait parallel to the shore and the bigger girls would come up and crush it. Probablly cuz of an easy meal but i think it was more a territorial thing than anything. And the baits I was using were the cheap z9 7" swimbaits from bass pro, like $10. And since it doesnt happen with out proof.

bigbait.jpg

Bass is probablly my favorite pattern! Like others said it works anywhere, when I was living in FL the bigger bass were schooling smaller minnows up against the shore and would bum rush them and get a whole mouthful. I would throw my bait parallel to the shore and the bigger girls would come up and crush it. Probablly cuz of an easy meal but i think it was more a territorial thing than anything. And the baits I was using were the cheap z9 7" swimbaits from bass pro, like $10. And since it doesnt happen with out proof.

bigbait.jpg

Ive got that same z9 7" bass swimbait and it swims very well reeling a fast or medium retrieve. Doesnt do so well reeling it slow.

bigbait.jpg

Ive got that same z9 7" bass swimbait and it swims very well reeling a fast or medium retrieve. Doesnt do so well reeling it slow.

Definitely a neat looking bait, but the 7" model is like $30 regular price. I can think of a better bait to spend that on. I wonder how the little ones swim..

I just went to the website and theyre listed at 16.99 which is reasonable to me they have caught me a good number of fish. I also had the little ones and fished it with a spinning rod. If you buy the little one take the back hook off. here is a fish on the little one.

2011-10-19164802.jpg

I think it would be better money spent to get a higher quality bait but if funds atight or you ar enew and dont want to drop alot of cash right away these lil baits are an awesome bang for the buck

ON those Z-9 swimmers, before bass pro shops bought that design using the fabric, kevlar or some type of fiber belt, the hand made versions swam exceptionally well. I tried to sandwich some material between wood but the integrity wasnt there. With a resin bait that hinge system is great, cant find the hand made versions anymore though :cry: