How did this year go for everyone? Hopes for next year?

Bassindon69

I did the least amount of bass fishing this year that I have ever done. A little bit in mid winter but not a single swimbait fish for me. However spent a great deal of time learning sturgeon and shark fishing as well as some trips into the big blue for tuna and salmon. Was a great year for branching out into new things and catching critters that pull really hard.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an awesome year :D My first year throwing swimbaits mainly and I'm not sure on the numbers, but I did catch my 2nd biggest fish, 8lbs 3oz(on my last trip) and more in the 5-7lb range than I ever have. My biggest goal for the year though was to win angler of the year in my club, and I did by mainly throwing swimbaits. I weighed in 87.57 in 12 tournaments(one was a zero :twisted: ) with a 2.37lb average per fish. 2nd place caught 47 to my 37 fish but only weighed in 76.47lbs. I also won 4 tournaments with a swimbait, a big confidence booster for sure :D The most weight weighed in for the year in our club is 92lbs, so I fell short of that, but it's the most since that weight and that was weighed in well over 15 years ago.

Well, now that the AOY is done(finished 2nd 3 years in a row before this year!), this year is all about fishing for ME. I want to catch a double digit(on film!) and put bigger fish in the boat. I want to fish swimbaits exclusively after the float n fly bite is finished. I'm still going to "compete" in the tournaments because I am the secretary/treasurer, but really I am just out there fishing for one big fish. Thanks again to everyone on here that has helped me, without the STE dvd and this forum, I would still be fishing a drop shot hoping for a 10 lber :lol:

Man what a year! C&R a possible co state record smallie,what I learned from that is carry to scales I now have a boga and a digi I keep with me EVERYWHERE I go.

caught a Pb lmb 6.8 on a swimbait

Broke several other Pb

Wiper 11.2

Pike 10

Walleye 8.8

Bought my first bass boat, and got to be part of a winning partnership in a tourney that put some $$$ in my pocket.

I have a few surprises for next year so be on the lookout gentlemen.

[Don that was me on the yellow z7 nitro that day when you were catching some fish for your brother.

:shock::lol: I was wondering....... who is that guy ? He keeps breaking his neck looking this way?? :lol::lol: And DAMN! that is one eye catcher of a boat :mrgreen:8-)

Wish you would have said hi. We could have laughed about me fishing for some trout :lol::lol:

How did ya do? I hit one or two small fish was all.

Sorry about rubbernecking, trying to figure if that was you, but it can't be he's fishing for trout. I WISH I was fishing for trout could have some for dinner.

I get complimented on the boat a lot, also save my bacon at the delta at least twice, wake board boat said they didn't see me, b.s. it's bright yellow , stop looking at the rider and look at the water ahead.

No personal bests for me. And first year with out a double digit in a while. But I caught a lot more better than average fish and by far the best year for me in tourneys. thanks to all the guys on here who hooked me up when my house was broken into. That really helped keep my head up.

Busy year for me. Bought a house, got married, transferred jobs. Not much in the way of catching this year, although i did get in some fishing :lol:

Did a lot more reel servicing, than using my own reels this year. Couldn't appreciate it more. Got to do some good deals for good people. Felt great!

Hopefully get to spend some time exploring my home lake next year, and find where the bigger fish hang out.

Got to fish with some awesome people this year, and met even more new friends.

Thankful for all the fishing i got to do this year, and look forward to doing more next year. Thanks to all the dudes here who support the good side of swimbaiting, appreciate you all.

Geoff

First legit year with big swimbaits, threw my first bait over an ounce for Largemouth, and stuck fish on swimbaits 4,5,6,7, and 8 inches! Kind of fun to think about, also got a new PB twice! Once swimbait, once not... but the SB one was an unofficial 10lber! Good stuff, want something over 10 this winter/prespawn. Also want to go to a legit trout-fed lake in the Ga Mountians.

Hope to fish with Colby Pearson, Justing33, Mike Long, and BBBomber next year. They all seem like the most intelligent, least cocky, never douchey, bass fisherman I can think of at the moment.

My year went pretty good. :|