Tactical Bassin' 90 min everything you need to know about swimbaits vid...

rwp

I wish for once they'd do like an "enthusiast" swimbait video. Matt has said before they try to only show baits/tackle that are faaairly easy to obtain. Which I get, they have a lot of viewers no sense telling 50,000 people to go buy a garage bait that drops 20 at a time 3 times a year would be silly. But I know Matt also is pretty fanatical about this stuff and you know he's experimented with and fallen in love with baits he's never talked about. 

Edited by NEbucketmouth19

27 minutes ago, NEbucketmouth19 said:

I wish for once they'd do like an "enthusiast" swimbait video. Matt has said before they try to only show baits/tackle that are faaairly easy to obtain. Which I get, they have a lot of viewers no sense telling 50,000 people to go buy a garage bait that drops 20 at a time 3 times a year would be silly. But I know Matt also is pretty fanatical about this stuff and you know he's experimented with and fallen in love with baits he's never talked about. 

It never hurts to hear about good baits to try but success is more about the fisherman than cool baits. I have baits I really have a ton of confidence in but I also realize if I had to use another similar bait I would be fine. 

Edited by Rangermike

39 minutes ago, Rangermike said:

It never hurts to hear about good baits to try but success is more about the fisherman than cool baits. I have baits I really have a ton of confidence in but I also realize if I had to use another similar bait I would be fine. 

Most of my fish are caught on $15 savage gear baits, and only for one reason.

I'm not afraid to lose them, so I actually use them.

3 minutes ago, rwp said:

Most of my fish are caught on $15 savage gear baits, and only for one reason.

I'm not afraid to lose them, so I actually use them.

I don’t mind paying $100 for a bait because I know I’ll have it a long time and get my money’s worth. I don’t lose big baits I’m fishing near the top and by the time they wear out I’ll get my $ worth. The most expensive baits in the long run are the high end soft plastics in my opinion. 

@NEbucketmouth19

As Matt has said in previous vids. He doesn't really use expensive or hard to find baits. As a guide it'd be pretty dumb for him to. I cant imagine spending weeks to get a pizz and have some kid come and birdnest it to the bottom of chick or clear lake. Ik his older vids he briefly mentions 316, jsj, and others but I just doubt he really uses anything besides what he preaches. All his photos are with hudds, savage, baitsanity etc

Edited by Kyle1387

17 minutes ago, Kyle1387 said:

@NEbucketmouth19

As Matt has said in previous vids. He doesn't really use expensive or hard to find baits. As a guide it'd be pretty dumb for him to. I cant imagine spending weeks to get a pizz and have some kid come and birdnest it to the bottom of chick or clear lake. Ik his older vids he briefly mentions 316, jsj, and others but I just doubt he really uses anything besides what he preaches. All his photos are with hudds, savage, baitsanity etc

cant forget the wavers lol

5 hours ago, NEbucketmouth19 said:

I think they must only advertise tackle from tacklewarehouse. This is how they make the majority of their money. They mentioned that everytime someone clicks the links they put in the description, they get something out of it. 

4 hours ago, japanesebassman said:

I think they must only advertise tackle from tacklewarehouse. This is how they make the majority of their money. They mentioned that everytime someone clicks the links they put in the description, they get something out of it. 

Yes, it is an affiliate link to TW, as is the one here on SU.  I highly doubt that it is a major percentage of their overall income.

2 hours ago, chevro1et said:

Yes, it is an affiliate link to TW, as is the one here on SU.  I highly doubt that it is a major percentage of their overall income.

I remember them saying in their video, "the best way to support us is to click those links down below." I'm not sure if they were telling the truth, or I just misunderstood but I just interpreted that as them saying that is a large source of their income. 

Edited by japanesebassman