Tactical Bassin' 90 min everything you need to know about swimbaits vid...

rwp

6 minutes ago, japanesebassman said:

I remember them saying in their video, "the best way to support us is to click those links down below." I'm not sure if they were telling the truth, or I just misunderstood but I just interpreted that as them saying that is a large source of their income. 

I'm sure they get a fair amount of income from TW, but I doubt its the majority of it. All of their TB gear is sold though TW (maybe exclusively? I haven't checked elsewhere for it).

Edited by rwp

15 hours ago, Kyle1387 said:

@NEbucketmouth19

As Matt has said in previous vids. He doesn't really use expensive or hard to find baits. As a guide it'd be pretty dumb for him to. I cant imagine spending weeks to get a pizz and have some kid come and birdnest it to the bottom of chick or clear lake. Ik his older vids he briefly mentions 316, jsj, and others but I just doubt he really uses anything besides what he preaches. All his photos are with hudds, savage, baitsanity etc

Most pros are the same way you see them using stuff you can get at tacklewarehouse in tournaments that pay 6 figures

I think most of their $$ comes from their insane guide fees. I think it was $1500 for a full day (8 hours) but I might be off on that. Maybe that’s a legit price for a freshwater guide trip but as someone from New England that’s insane when I can go chase trophy bluefin for less than half that. 

5 minutes ago, chefchris said:

I think most of their $$ comes from their insane guide fees. I think it was $1500 for a full day (8 hours) but I might be off on that. Maybe that’s a legit price for a freshwater guide trip but as someone from New England that’s insane when I can go chase trophy bluefin for less than half that. 

That probably fairly reasonable for California. I bet their prices will drop a lot since they moved.

Edited by rwp

2 minutes ago, rwp said:

That probably fairly reasonable for California. I bet their prices will drop a lot since they moved.

I could see doing it if i lived on that lake and the majority of my fishing was going to be there and wanted to cut the learning curve down. 

ive done guided trips to block island and cuttyhunk and was worth the $$$ to cut that learning curve down as you’re getting a lifetime of knowledge over a weekend. 

1 hour ago, chefchris said:

I could see doing it if i lived on that lake and the majority of my fishing was going to be there and wanted to cut the learning curve down. 

ive done guided trips to block island and cuttyhunk and was worth the $$$ to cut that learning curve down as you’re getting a lifetime of knowledge over a weekend. 

According to his website it is $1000 for trophy seasons(15 FEB-30APR and 15OCT - 15DEC) and $750 for off season(1MAY - 14DEC). That's an 8  hour day.

I mean. I like to fish and would love to an opportunity to get put on some monsters but for that, I would go tarpon or marlin fishing. More power to him, though. You have to put yourself out there at what you think you are worth. 

Just now, Volfan said:

I thought they had moved to TN - what lakes are they guiding on for that kind of money? 

I honestly don't know if they have been doing guiding in TN yet. They haven't mentioned it either way I'm the vids.

I would agree with the guys saying it would be cool to see an enthusiast swimbait video. In that video Matt mentioned how he loves big custom baits and it would be sweet to see his collection of super hard to find stuff. Maybe this holiday season they'll do a high end swimbait buyers guide. 

1 hour ago, Ira Waldman said:

I would agree with the guys saying it would be cool to see an enthusiast swimbait video. In that video Matt mentioned how he loves big custom baits and it would be sweet to see his collection of super hard to find stuff. Maybe this holiday season they'll do a high end swimbait buyers guide. 

I'd love just a "Matt's collection" video. It doesn't have to be an in depth thing where he discusses each bait in detail. 

29 minutes ago, NEbucketmouth19 said:

I'd love just a "Matt's collection" video. It doesn't have to be an in depth thing where he discusses each bait in detail. 

I think he has some kind of 2 foot giant swimbait made by Rafa Customs that he uses for targeting lake trout when trolling. I wanna see that...