Best rats/wakebaits

Kevinzap

If you're just feeling it out, spro rat 50.

Micro mink is a good option. Decent price, obtainable. Wakes and cranks down. 

Hear good things about the baby possum too. 

If u can get a sneaky rat it's a great wake 

Plenty of other good options, availability and price. I'm sure others will chime in with suggestions 

I think it goes without saying that a 9” slammer is a must have. Buy whatever color you like the most and fish the crap out of it. Purple nitro, all black, all white, perch, bass, gill etc, the only issue is some wake better than others but when you find one you like that fits your style of fishing it’s $$$ 

cl8 baby possum for a bigger profile rat/rodent profile, it’s a 4.5oz bait and seems bigger but it fishes great, plus Clayton will make you a wake, wake & crank or deep crank. 

toxic mink is a killer bait, fishes like a much smaller bait, in my experience they want to crank down instead of wake, so I used em more as a crankdown and fished em thru light weeds and into cover and it gets bit.

Pb rat 3 piece is another cool bait, has a lot of roll to it, and play in the joints, stays on top, didn’t put a ton of time in with mine but it stuck a fish every trip 

nez large rat, in the wake/crank model. This is my fishing buddies go to and he’s stuck a ton of solid fish on it and his Pb. He makes a straight wake version too. 

Thanks! Ive heard a lot of good things about the nez and the slammer. Pb rat seems to have a crazy sound to it. I guess I’ll have to try em all out to make my decision just like I did glides haha. What seems to be the standard of wakes? The one others are compared to? Im new to this style of fishing because Ive fished a lot of glides with great success. 

Bull wake is easily one of the best wakes out there for the money, cranks down on a faster retrieve,  About a foot or two. I’ve caught lots of fish on this bait on cold winter nights and twitching it in pads in the heat of summer. 
Spro 50 rat is amazing because it’s cheap so I don’t worry about chucking it into areas I’d be afraid to send a more expensive bait. It gets bit like crazy. 

favorite topwater is the deadtwitch by a long shot, though favorite wake bait is the Bantam BT-force wake. Wish they made it in a larger size though, I had a few dozen fish days on it this fall.