Drt vs googan on YouTube?

Jzxmnky

6 hours ago, RatKing69 said:

The googan guys and fan boys getting into swimbaits doesn’t bother me too much. It’s a win/win for us, they sell more baits which means more companies are gonna make swimbaits and I highly doubt a lot of their fans are gonna actually grind and catch fish on them. They’ll pick them up and fish them a few times then go back to their confidence baits when they don’t get immediate results. It does suck though when you have companies “borrow ideas” from other innovative lure companies and crank them out fast and cheap, without the same quality.

I mean it is good that more exposure can help bring more product out, but I have to disagree because some of em are buying them out so we can’t get em and are also encouraging flipper prices *cough *cough* westin smith spent 80$ on flatknobs and are soley buying stuff so they can put “cool (expensive bait here)” in the title. Kinda crummy imo to buy stuff just for the clicks and not to actually fish it like it was made to do but it obviously works for them so who am i to complain 

7 hours ago, Kevinzap said:

I mean it is good that more exposure can help bring more product out, but I have to disagree because some of em are buying them out so we can’t get em and are also encouraging flipper prices *cough *cough* westin smith spent 80$ on flatknobs and are soley buying stuff so they can put “cool (expensive bait here)” in the title. Kinda crummy imo to buy stuff just for the clicks and not to actually fish it like it was made to do but it obviously works for them so who am i to complain 

I agree 100%, the best thing we can do as swimbait guys is not fall for the scarcity ploy, and pay those outrageous flipper prices. If we don’t buy them at outrageous prices they won’t sell them at that price point. Just be patient and wait it out. Give the money to the bait makers. Who gave their time to make those baits. Not some douche who has a slightly faster internet speed who’s gonna sell the bait that same night before it even hits their mailboxes. 

On 1/29/2021 at 1:33 PM, SoCalBassBum said:

The new fisherman out there fishing for likes, catch co and the goon squad wrecking the swimbait game in a quick fashion.

I think "wrecking" the swimbait game is a bit much. The way I see it these people are just patsies buying product that I want more of in the market, all while being completely incapable of catching a fish. The fish don't get pressured, lure companies flourish, and those second hand baits stack up on eBay as fast as they can be bought! :D

Though it's also worth saying we're cranking out a generation of lil' Mike Longs.

I think what bothers me most about googan baits and their followers is their poor design. I'm not sure if anybody saw the recent chatter bait they out out with  but that baits design is terrible the blade and wire construction will absolutely hinder the ability for big fish to get hooked (ill leave a photo for reference this is not my bait). In the context of this swimbait, it has relatively tight joints meaning that it probably cant be burned for ish.  The comparison to the bullshad is entirely unwarranted as that bait was designed with speed in mind and it is this way of burning and stopping that most people find success with all multi jointed baits. People can disagree with this if they would like,  but I have caught nothing of size slow rolling a multijointed bait that sinks. In fact many big manufacturers  started by making cheap plastic multijointed baits because they are just that cheap to make. Their poor design reflects poor values and it drives me nutz seeing new bass fisherman with no experience under their belt preach about how great a bait is when they haven't even caught a fish on it. In other news Lunkers Tv is looking to fish the bassmaster opens.... I cant wait for him to see what real anglers look like.

Fishing CEO Reviews The Googan Squad Clickbait (what they really think)