Follow up baits for a glide bait

will.s_fishing_

I mark the spot and come back later. I think immediately following up after the fish refused you the first time just makes the fish less likely to bite. Coming back a hour later and stitching a worm over every square inch of the fish's territory or coming back in low light and fishing a crawler or wake works well. When I was still super new to big bait fishing I'd try and force feed follower fish by irritating them into biting. Swimming a bait erratically in front of them dozens and dozens of times. If they didn't eat then they wouldn't so much as sniff at the same bait later on in the year.

• 4 months later...
42 minutes ago, will.s_fishing_ said:

I've been looking and they're pretty dang hard to find. Have one you'd want to sell me? lol

They are in the black market, easy to find if you have $150 bucks!

mike Gilbert has talked about this before and has perked for me in the past with a deps 250. If I’m getting multiple fish following my bait or a big one, I will change angles and slow roll an 8 inch hudd through those fish. 

On 2/10/2021 at 1:13 PM, Jon P said:

I mark the spot and come back later. I think immediately following up after the fish refused you the first time just makes the fish less likely to bite. Coming back a hour later and stitching a worm over every square inch of the fish's territory or coming back in low light and fishing a crawler or wake works well. When I was still super new to big bait fishing I'd try and force feed follower fish by irritating them into biting. Swimming a bait erratically in front of them dozens and dozens of times. If they didn't eat then they wouldn't so much as sniff at the same bait later on in the year.

This is a excellent advice. I have caught quite a few bass by leaving a spot directly after a missed strike, and returning to catch the fish an hour later. 

• 3 weeks later...

I placed in a tournament by converting followers on the glide by deadsticking a fluke... If I don't have time to come back later, I pretty much always have a fluke or senko on deck to follow up. Seems to work for me if I just want to get bit!

• 2 years later...
On 7/13/2021 at 9:08 PM, PNW EOD said:

I placed in a tournament by converting followers on the glide by deadsticking a fluke... If I don't have time to come back later, I pretty much always have a fluke or senko on deck to follow up. Seems to work for me if I just want to get bit!

Any weight,  or just the hook? Do you use a similar color to the glide?