Ebait Order Timeframe

119bowhunter

I ordered a 9” slammer through ebait on January 7th, still no updates... I looked through some old threads on here and see that a wait is pretty normal, but curious if anyone has ordered recently and how long you waited? It says 6-10 weeks on ebait but I’m anxiously awaiting it as we’re getting some warm spring days here and I’m ready to hit the water with it!

26 minutes ago, 119bowhunter said:

I ordered a 9” slammer through ebait on January 7th, still no updates... I looked through some old threads on here and see that a wait is pretty normal, but curious if anyone has ordered recently and how long you waited? It says 6-10 weeks on ebait but I’m anxiously awaiting it as we’re getting some warm spring days here and I’m ready to hit the water with it!

I am in the same boat as you. Ordered mine on 1/15

26 minutes ago, waynem said:

Next time I would suggest ordering directly with the guy that makes them- Mike Shaw.

Pretty sure ebaits is owned by Mike Shaw.

1 hour ago, 119bowhunter said:

Did you look up your order under Order Status in the top right hand corner of the webpage? I'm genuinely curious. I never saw that tab when I ordered off the site about a year ago. It took about 3 months to get my slammer. I did get a email notification when it shipped though.

52 minutes ago, Bsampson said:

I am in the same boat as you. Ordered mine on 1/15

Haha I’ll let you know when I get mine

40 minutes ago, waynem said:

Next time I would suggest ordering directly with the guy that makes them- Mike Shaw.

Yeah, definitely will do that next time, but his website linked to ebait so I just assumed that was the best way to go about it 

13 minutes ago, 207klasher said:

Pretty sure ebaits is owned by Mike Shaw.

Did you look up your order under Order Status in the top right hand corner of the webpage? I'm genuinely curious. I never saw that tab when I ordered off the site about a year ago. It took about 3 months to get my slammer. I did get a email notification when it shipped though.

I did, it says the status is “processing”, I’m not complaining as I’m still within the timeframe quoted I was just wondering if anyone had any recent updates... I did pick up a 7” on the black market awhile back but I’ve got some trout fed lakes I’m wanting to throw this one on this spring

I dealt with ebaits in the past - was waiting on a bait for a month or so and emailed them - got a quick response telling me where my bait was in the process.  

bottom line - shoot ebaits a friendly email and you’ll get a response. 

I'm pretty sure that they're made to order from ebaits. So when you put in an order, then Mike starts the build process, then to paint. I just looked up my order history and they were $34.99 in 2014 with no wait. 

Edited by MA Frog Man

If you go on the MS Slammer website you will see a "Buy Direct" tab at the top.  You can do that or call the telephone # listed.  I am assuming eBait takes a pretty good percentage of the selling price.  I would rather have 100% of my money go to the bait maker rather than splitting it between the maker and a distributor.  I get it that you can't do that very well with a big manufacturer like Daiwa, Deps, etc., but for little guys like Mike Shaw I always try to go direct.  Without swimbaits there is no swimbaiting.

On 3/4/2021 at 9:19 PM, MA Frog Man said:

I'm pretty sure that they're made to order from ebaits. So when you put in an order, then Mike starts the build process, then to paint. I just looked up my order history and they were $34.99 in 2014 with no wait. 

Those were the days! I remember picking up a few on NEF for $25-$35