Baits that dont get you bite

Loudsplashbassn_

8" hudd for me. I caught my current swimbait pb on a hudd 68 my first week swimbaiting so naturally I thought the 8" would be killer. Fished it a ton in the same areas I was catching on the 68.  I think in the last two years of fishing it I've had maybe one bite. Somehow I still haven't given up on it yet.

13 hours ago, Fried Lemons said:

8" hudd for me. I caught my current swimbait pb on a hudd 68 my first week swimbaiting so naturally I thought the 8" would be killer. Fished it a ton in the same areas I was catching on the 68.  I think in the last two years of fishing it I've had maybe one bite. Somehow I still haven't given up on it yet.

It took me about 15 years to get bit on a hudd.  A rof 12 fish like a jig is my go-to. Drop one on bottom and watch that tail quiver to get the deal. 

3 hours ago, bigpoppabass said:

It took me about 15 years to get bit on a hudd.  A rof 12 fish like a jig is my go-to. Drop one on bottom and watch that tail quiver to get the deal. 

15 years lmao? That’s some serious dedication 

Soft baits,8"hudds and hawghunters. Plenty of fn followers. But no bitters I've only caught 2 8"hudd fish and they were both under 3 in the . I will have 1or the other tied on this season. Probably the way I'm presenting them . Keep grinding

7 hours ago, bigpoppabass said:

4x4 works best tied direct and fished like a crankbait using a fiberglass rod over structure. Bang it. 

Its not a deep so max i can get it is like 3ft on a burn lol i just slow wake it normally and noo love lol so i switch up to the crank and also no love lol 

1 hour ago, Bassnbuds said:

Soft baits,8"hudds and hawghunters. Plenty of fn followers. But no bitters I've only caught 2 8"hudd fish and they were both under 3 in the . I will have 1or the other tied on this season. Probably the way I'm presenting them . Keep grinding

Yea that's def my second is soft baits had two followers the other day on a yunique scout and no commitment  

On 4/10/2021 at 1:01 AM, Bait Slanger said:

Soft Swimbaits in general give me a really hard time. I just don’t know how to trigger the bit. Only time I get bit is when I’m rippin em out of the grass or something not ideal like that. 

Same. I very rarely have luck on soft baits

10 hours ago, bigpoppabass said:

The Depps 250 is the most overrated bait of all time imo. The workhorse has also been an early disappointment for me too.  I consider myself an experienced glide bait fisherman too. 

opposite for me. 250 is my go to in the post spawn through fall but Im very precise where I fish it. On lakes that get lots of swimbait pressure I WILL NOT throw it. ill pick up the hiro or islide or softbait

Edited by billthebasser