Baits that dont get you bite

Loudsplashbassn_

Add me to the 8” Hudd list. I can throw 8” soft swimbaits and catch the crap out of them. Even OG Optimums. 68 Specials get chomped. But I own one 8” Hudd and just can’t get bit on that one. Baffles me. We don’t have trout here, but I can catch them on big trout glides and other baits that are in trout colors. But that 8” Ayu Hudd...nope. 

22 hours ago, Gdimop96 said:

15 years lmao? That’s some serious dedication 

They sat there for most of that time. I bought when sbs first started to gain popularity.  But I didn't figure it out ....Butch Brown made is look so easy..... Then I met a couple of eastern folks who caught once in a lifetime sized bass on em. One made a custom rod for me to throw hudds. Mikey's mission fish vid also helped out as he gave some great retrieve tips in the vid.  I now have alot of confidence in the rof 0 and 12. I am warming to the rof 5. 

Edited by bigpoppabass

58 minutes ago, xSoCalBassKingx said:

I’ve put in lots of time with the deps 250 and have owned many the past 4 years with no luck. I have lots of confidence in it and found my cadence and have had a few short strikes but I haven’t caught anything over 2lbs.

Caught a 6lber a month after getting my first one years ago. Haven’t broke 5lbs on one since. 

On 4/11/2021 at 4:03 AM, bigpoppabass said:

The Depps 250 is the most overrated bait of all time imo. The workhorse has also been an early disappointment for me too.  I consider myself an experienced glide bait fisherman too. 

Seriously i can not for the life of me even get a damn follow with this bait. I own three and can’t help but feel like I’ve been tricked by literally everyone who’s ever owned one. I’ve tried different times of the year, lost count of the different retrieves. Just can’t get it figured out, maybe it’s time to trade 

It’s wild to me how so many people don’t have luck with the hudd both 8” and the 68. Around here it’s king it’s caught 2 pbs for my partner and my current. At the same time i get it fishing a big plastic like the hudd or a mag or the many others that imitate those two can be brutal to fish. Here the only way I’ve seen it work is crawling it slow af, cold weather warm weather doesn’t seem to matter they want it slow and that can really make for a long boring day. Ish i wish i could find one hard bait that i could actually say i have any real luck with. Currently I’m trying really hard to fish the waver 200 because of the hype, but I’m loosing faith