Pink color Swimbaits

Bassmann86

I personally have a 3 piece pink PB rat that gets bit at night and during the day. Color doesn't matter as much when fishing a top water rat. Matters even less when fishing at night/ very early morning. 

But if you want just add white feathered hooks and change to a darker tail. Simulate an injured rat  

There are full size chartreuse swimbaits that get reaction bites like the BALAM series swimbaits 

Megabass has that sick clear Islide with a bright pink head 

They all get bit too 

I think pink is a good color, man. I haven’t fished it a lot for bass but I’ve had a lot of success for lakers on pink jigs and I think I’ve seen a lot of bubble gum colored swimbaits. With that said, I also believe that profile and presentation/retrieve is a lot more important than color most of the time and you can catch fish in pretty much and color.

Edited by whompuscat658

One of my most memorable days fishing swimbaits involved a Sissy FS shad on a clear, cold day on lake Fork.  

As far as a rat goes, I'd throw a pink one anytime.  I may have to hunt one down to add to the rotation now that you've brought it up.

Back when I fished normal baits, I put a lot of fish in the boat using a bubblegum fluke or trick worm.  For some reason that color works on those baits, and will work on swimbaits if not too garish or bright.  I think the 316 Sissy pattern is the perfect variation of pink on a swimmer.

As many have been mentioned above, most of us have all whacked bass on a  methiolate, bubblegum or pink bait at some point on conventional lures. So I’m positive there’s a time it would shine on a wake, glide or hard Swimbait. I just don’t own any myself. Now I’m wondering why I don’t. I know it would get smoked here in the spring. 

As far as color, there are times when it does matter. Not so much whether it’s realistic or not, but from my experience, water color/visibility and fishing pressure will determine when something bright or different will work best. 

I paint full time. But that was what I fell back on after my body couldn’t handle being on the front of a boat all day everyday. I don’t show pics of colors that tournament guys or any customers came up with themselves, but had me to bring to life on their lures. I think a lot would be shocked at some of the colors the Tour guys have me lay down on baits. And most all have one thing in common...there’s pink worked into those colors. And yes, I’ve put down some hot pink on glides and swimbaits for customers that know what they’re doing.

I think I’ve talked myself right into a pink bait now.:ph34r:

Pink is an exceptional color for me down here in GA. Our red clay silt when the water gets dirty is a reddish tint. Since the most visible color in water is the color of the water (backwards I know but it’s scientifically true) I started throwing pink a lot. It’s been very productive, and has remained so for me even in clear water. 

A Pink Hue bone with a hot pink back to give the contrast has been one of my favorites. Affectionally called “Pinky the Shad” it’s been a confidence bait.

I own several pink baits and they all catch fish. Topwater specific...I have an old Nezumma Rat in Pink with black on it that gets blasted. I have a pink Kool Kat Wackker (similar to a Whopper Plopper but much better) that has caught a bunch of fish , especially Smallmouth.  

Buy the rat :)

I don't have any, but sometimes bold works. This bright weird looking thing flies in front of their face and they just have to be curious sometimes. Smallies it can work very well sometimes. I might try and get a pink or bright yellow triple trout one of these days.