Tackle Ninja Sales?!

LightsOutLitch

4 minutes ago, brootalititties said:

Apparently the rod that was double sold to myself and another member on sun-mon was ACTUALLY sold to a member on here last October. 100% fraudulent. Feelsbadman. Venmo has basically told me to ask him to return my money so that seems to be a wash.

Yeah I’m pretty sure he got 3 guys with the rod. The homie @JCW VA paid for the Valkyrie as well on Monday. :roll:

I’m glad someone finally posted on him.  I almost bought a reel from him until he gave me some sob story about a charge back on his PayPal which put his account in the negative blah blah blah.   Said he would only take Venmo cash app Apple Pay.  Super red flag for me.  Especially the way he was dropping prices on all these high end items 3 times in a day.  I would only pay goods and services by PayPal.   I backed out and dm’d a couple guys on here to see if they received the items they purchased from him.   So far they haven’t.  A couple reputable guys vouched for him with past purchases.  Doesn’t mean the guy didn’t get hooked on meth in the last year or just lost his mind and decided to turn into a scumbag and rip people off.  And now the weird IG posts? Has anyone received a rod or reel they purchased from him in the past 3 weeks?   That is the big question……..

16 minutes ago, 185vsfrog said:

I’m glad someone finally posted on him.  I almost bought a reel from him until he gave me some sob story about a charge back on his PayPal which put his account in the negative blah blah blah.   Said he would only take Venmo cash app Apple Pay.  Super red flag for me.  Especially the way he was dropping prices on all these high end items 3 times in a day.  I would only pay goods and services by PayPal.   I backed out and dm’d a couple guys on here to see if they received the items they purchased from him.   So far they haven’t.  A couple reputable guys vouched for him with past purchases.  Doesn’t mean the guy didn’t get hooked on meth in the last year or just lost his mind and decided to turn into a scumbag and rip people off.  And now the weird IG posts? Has anyone received a rod or reel they purchased from him in the past 3 weeks?   That is the big question……..

Yup I’ve bought from him in the past, and on those transactions there was some delay in communication and the prices he charges have always been well below average IMO. Was a good scam if you ask me, I don’t know if I buy the “hacked” thing but if he didn’t get hacked he sure pulled off a decent long con.

This dude has to be the dumbest scammer ever if he thinks anyone will believe he got hacked on IG, SU, and Venmo simultaneously, and THEN the hacker decided to write descriptions of all this gear and sell it to multiple people on SU without raising any red flags.

If this doesn't get resolved, it seems like it would fall into the realm of internet auction fraud, which this joker's local police department might be interested in hearing about from all of you who were effected...one phone call probably won't mean anything, but all of you reporting this maybe something happens?

7 minutes ago, ikaika said:

If this doesn't get resolved, it seems like it would fall into the realm of internet auction fraud, which this joker's local police department might be interested in hearing about from all of you who were effected...one phone call probably won't mean anything, but all of you reporting this maybe something happens?

I was going to say the same thing, but unfortunately it will more than likely be a misdemeanor.  Not to mention most police agencies across the country are under staffed and a case like this will be a low priority.  Even if all involved here were to call the local authorities, each transaction will likely be treated as separate case/incident and not be big enough to get any real attention imo.

I'm a cop here in KY and our theft threshold to be considered a felony recently went from $500 to $1k, which is only going to embolden the criminals to steal more.

1 hour ago, 22RangerZ520R said:

I was going to say the same thing, but unfortunately it will more than likely be a misdemeanor.  Not to mention most police agencies across the country are under staffed and a case like this will be a low priority.  Even if all involved here were to call the local authorities, each transaction will likely be treated as separate case/incident and not be big enough to get any real attention imo.

I'm a cop here in KY and our theft threshold to be considered a felony recently went from $500 to $1k, which is only going to embolden the criminals to steal more.

He is probably closer to the $2K mark with this scam.

I hope for the best. I would be talking to the bank and bypassing Venmo 

2 minutes ago, Bassmann86 said:

He is probably closer to the $2K mark with this scam.

Right, but like I said each transaction will probably be considered separate.  So unless he scammed $2k from one person, it'll be a misdemeanor in most states. 

7 minutes ago, PKNNH said:

Off topic but thanks for your service

Thanks, I was just throwing in my first hand experience and the reality of the prosecution of theft cases when @ikaika mentioned getting the law evolved...

Edited by 22RangerZ520R

I purchased a TS destroyer Black Jack for $425. Gave me same story about not being able to use paypal. Paid via venmo. He said it was shipping on the 7th of July. Havent heard anything yet, rod hasnt arrived yet. I had a great transaction with him previously. Wish I knew how to get ahold of him. 

3 hours ago, CJankowski said:

I purchased a TS destroyer Black Jack for $425. Gave me same story about not being able to use paypal. Paid via venmo. He said it was shipping on the 7th of July. Havent heard anything yet, rod hasnt arrived yet. I had a great transaction with him previously. Wish I knew how to get ahold of him. 

Ouch man, that hurts. Doesn't look like this is going to get resolved but I hope it does- ya never know. @Trangalang reminds of clip a few years back a member getting his stuff jacked, saw it posted for sale locally and actually met up with the dude and confronted him. Can't remember if it was here, universe, or on IG but it was wild.