No love on the Hudd - how slow is slow?

nadinesmom

No love from the bassers on the hudds... everyone says fish it slow. Well, how slow is slow? Slow as in reel it across the bottom slow? slow like reel and stop then pop a few times then let it sit? Slow like let it sink and dont move it for 5 minutes then reel 2x then let it sit again?

I've had pretty good luck on all sorts of baits but for some reason the great huddleston hasn't produced. I know i'm fishing the right spots, I just think I'm fishing the bait the wrong way! Any help would be awesome, I can't say I use the bait a ton but I definitely have put in some hours with it to no avail. Thanks!

If you think you're retrieving slow, slow it down even more.. take like 10 minutes to bring in your bait. Change up the cadence to figure out what the fish want. Ive gotten bit on ripping the bait stop/go on the surface and i've gotten bit on a sloooooooowwww bottom crawl.

I like to cast my hudd out, let it sink to the bottom, and sit there for a good minute. I burn it back for 2 full seconds (doesn't seem like a lot, but its enough).. then let it sink back to the bottom. Wait a good minute or two again and then pop it a couple of times then slowly reel it back it. Make sure to keep in contact with the bottom and give it a twitch every once in a while.

Hope that helps..

To each their own. Good luck and just have fun.

*shakka*

...once I stopped worrying about losing them I starting having some success.

once the fear of the $$$ is gone or forgotten, and you start throwing where they live... its like magic!

aint that the truth slow steady or let it sit and move it a foot or so every min or burn a 12 it really depends :D

Swimming them thru the water column on a straight retrieve has gotten me most of my bites.

+1. I often fish an rof 16 in fairly shallow water so I can fish a little faster and erratic. The fish are not always on the bottom...

...once I stopped worrying about losing them I starting having some success.

once the fear of the $$$ is gone or forgotten, and you start throwing where they live... its like magic!

aint that the truth slow steady or let it sit and move it a foot or so every min or burn a 12 it really depends :D

Couldn't buy a bite yesterday until I burned in a "bad cast" with the ROF12!