Advice on which action LDC to purchase

aasenke

Ladies and Gentlemen,

My name is Tony and I'm relatively new to SU. This forum is awesome! I would like some of your advice on which action ldc to buy. I already have a rod that will throw my fs shads. I am looking for a rod that will be able to throw 8 inch fs trout (ss and floater), Rago Glideator, 3:16-10 inch wakers, and possibly a 10 inch fs trout. I will mostly be throwing the 8 inch fs trout/glideator, but from time to time throw the other mentioned baits. I wanted peoples opinion on the matter in order to educate myself and go with the best rod for what I will be throwing. Thanks in advance for all the love SU.

That's a lot for one rod! I'm thinking the Production XH might be able to handle those, but the 10" FS might be just a tad much for it. I was going to get a production XH for my 10" fs's but I talked to Ben and he said to go with the Custom XXH and I am really glad I did :D

How long are the rod handles for the production h and xh

Not sure of the exact number, but mine are the same length.

If you are going to throw the 10" with any consistency and not just an occasional toss, get the XH Production Rod.

XH production blank can throw (in a pinch) anything from a baby wake to the 10" FS though not ideal for either bait. It's sweet-spot is in the 4 - 6.5 oz range.

I personally like a rod with a softer tip and more parabolic action for hard baits and asked Ben to make my XH Custom with the production blank. My favorite rod for these baits by far.

-Ali

XH production blank can throw (in a pinch) anything from a baby wake to the 10" FS though not ideal for either bait. It's sweet-spot is in the 4 - 6.5 oz range.

I personally like a rod with a softer tip and more parabolic action for hard baits and asked Ben to make my XH Custom with the production blank. My favorite rod for these baits by far.

-Ali

yeah XH production!

Dang,

Ive been told that they were pretty much the same weight as the wakes! If its a 9oz bait then i would for sure need an xxh! The more you guys comment, the more a production xh sounds right for me!

On my scales, my 10" FS Floater weighed 8.16oz and my 10" FS Sinker(pretty sure I have the faster of the two SS's) weighed 9.28oz. Ben told me you can get away with a XH just throwing the 10" FS out and reeling it, but you need a XXH to work them properly, especially the floater. I don't have a XH yet, but the XXH handles the 10" FS wonderfully, can't imagine a better rod for them :D