Roman Made Mother

evans_usmc69

dude that sucks about keeping the bait sealed. I dont know what is so hard about manufactures using good wood or sealing it properly. leave it out in the house for a week or so, with air circulating around it so it can fully dry, after that I dont see why the action would be different. Loving the catches you are making on these big mommas though! awesome fish on a really cool wood bait!

dude that sucks about keeping the bait sealed. I dont know what is so hard about manufactures using good wood or sealing it properly. leave it out in the house for a week or so, with air circulating around it so it can fully dry, after that I dont see why the action would be different. Loving the catches you are making on these big mommas though! awesome fish on a really cool wood bait!

Yeah, it sucks, but part of it. Gonna let it dry up real good, seal it and go from there. I've had a lot more action on the Deps lately. Nothing against the Mother at all, I'm just starting to think that the Mother shines in colder water and the Deps shines in warmer water....we'll see :D

Yeah, it sucks, but part of it. Gonna let it dry up real good, seal it and go from there. I've had a lot more action on the Deps lately. Nothing against the Mother at all, I'm just starting to think that the Mother shines in colder water and the Deps shines in warmer water....we'll see :D

I don't have any mothers ro deps 250 ss... i think im gonna wait on the glides bc i got a hg on the way!

I know this has been posted a number of times already, but outstanding review Travis. Very helpful. It's tough to pull the trigger on such an expensive bait when you don't really know how it swims. I think your review has given a lot a people a much better understanding of this bait.

I know this has been posted a number of times already, but outstanding review Travis. Very helpful. It's tough to pull the trigger on such an expensive bait when you don't really know how it swims. I think your review has given a lot a people a much better understanding of this bait.

Thanks Dave :D $400 is a ton of cash for a bait, but IMO it's 100% worth it. I know there's a lot of good and a lot of bad in this review, but I tried to keep it as honest as possible. It's not a bulletproof bait by any means, but just seeing what I have seen, if RM upped the price to $600+, I'd probably buy a few more ;)

I'm still leaning towards this bait drawing fish and bites a lot better in colder water than in warm. It's not getting half the looks it was back when the water was colder. It has a real slow eerie swim that I tried my best to describe in earlier posts that fish just can't resist in colder water....where as they seem to like the faster action of a Deps in warmer water. That's still a "pending" statement, trying to throw my Deps & Mother equally, but it's hard when one stands out more than the other :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any word on the Perch Mother? I really really want to see it!!! I actually saw with my eyes, how big a mother is. HOLY CRAP!!! Its huge!!! If it holds up to toothy critters, it would be a sick sick musky bait!

Any word on the Perch Mother? I really really want to see it!!! I actually saw with my eyes, how big a mother is. HOLY CRAP!!! Its huge!!! If it holds up to toothy critters, it would be a sick sick musky bait!

Still waiting...

I heard a shipment is coming in, all depends on how fast they clear customs though, could be end of week or early next week....sure hope so! Not sure if Perch is in those or not, just what I heard from a good source.

I heard a shipment is coming in, all depends on how fast they clear customs though, could be end of week or early next week....sure hope so! Not sure if Perch is in those or not, just what I heard from a good source.

I sure hope that is the case! I want to see pictures and also want to see the toothy critter test and how the mother holds up to it

I thought it may have been in the last shipment, but it wasn't. I just texted Herb at Precision to see if he's heard anything.

...I can certainly post pictures if it arrives, but the toothy critter results may take a little longer. :lol: