Roman Made Mother

evans_usmc69

My perch Mother should be in end of week or next week :D

I want to know how it holds up to the toothy critters!!!

Can't help you there! I would like to say thanks to Ceaser though for helping me pick out some epoxy for keeping the MILF's sealed :D

Just checked there website and they have mother silencers and tripe mother silencers for $10 bucks hope this helps i know you had homeade ones and couldn't find any so nothing beats the real thing.Great review and vids ;)

Just checked there website and they have mother silencers and tripe mother silencers for $10 bucks hope this helps i know you had homeade ones and couldn't find any so nothing beats the real thing.Great review and vids ;)

Yeah, I got a few of those silencers in stock on my boat as well ;) Also, not sure if I let everyone know or not but if you can only get the triple silencers, they work for the normal mother as well. The first joint on the triple is same size as the joint on the regular mother :D

Big Momma in the house... :lol:

Just now realized this, Lucas' Perch Mother was 1 of 1 in the US.....now it's 1 of 2 with another one on order(not for me, mine will be here next week hopefully!) ;)

I'm so elite. :lol: I just wish the fish would show me some respect. :?

My perch Mother should be in end of week or next week :D

I want to know how it holds up to the toothy critters!!!

I haven't been back to the "musky" lake. It get's enough pressure from fishermen as is, but add in summer, and the lake is over-run with windsurfers, kayakers, and sailboats. Nothing better than waiting to use the ramp while some guy assembles his sailboat on it and the kayakers (who have their own dedicated ramp) line up their fleet on it. ...drives me bonkers. Until the first chilly breeze of Autumn chases them away, I'll be strictly bass fishing when I can. ;)

Where is the DNR when you need them!???!?!!

They have an office on the other side of the lake. :lol:

They have an office on the other side of the lake and they are that laissez faire about rule enforcement... geez

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I've been thinking of buying the Mother but have heard a few stories about them falling apart. How have yours held up over time?

I ended up sending my first one back to RM because it came out of tune from taking in too much water...my stupidity for not knowing about wooden baits and especially that just a tad bit of weight change will knock a glide out of tune. The mother is definitely high maintenance, keeping the silencers glued on and keeping the wood sealed, but well worth it to me. If you do purchase a mother, I suggest getting an extra tail, some extra silencers and some 30 minute devcon epoxy to keep the hook rash and other chips sealed.

I can't really comment on how my other ones have held up because I haven't fished them enough to put them through enough pain....but I definitely plan on it once the water gets a little cooler :P

Thanks for the response. I think I'll save my $400 and look at some other options.

Definitely look into a Hinkle glide. Made from resin, very very close to same size, action very similar as well(very wide glides), but from what I've heard not as consistent of a ROF in each bait as the mother....plus it's at half the price! However, I've been on waiting list for one since April :cry: Luckily a good friend hooked me up with one and I'll be able to throw it along side the Mother :D