Happy new year and goals for 2022

DrewManFishing

My goal is to simply fish as much as I can, it's only january and I can't stand it. Also to get my friend to catch a tiger musky, we have been several times and he even missed a pretty big one (not really his fault) and I know it haunts him every day as it did when i lost my first one.

• 11 months later...

With 2022 winding down, I was wondering how y’all did with the goals you set at the start of the year. And what goals are you setting for 2023? 

On 1/1/2022 at 12:46 AM, DrewManFishing said:

My main goal is to get an 8 pounder on cast to catch. 

I completed my goal with a 9.9 on ctc! 

My goal for next year is to break my pb with a DD. 

On 1/3/2022 at 10:06 PM, Staogtepi said:

Happy new year. My goal is to get a master angler size bass here in Michigan on a big bait. Good luck to everyone else!

Yea I did complete mine! Michigan master angler size bass was my goal.

5-8 lb

22in 

44ECAB94-5E68-4DA9-B085-0554799A9FEF.thumb.jpeg.ccd27eb4d83ac61382eefa2db3f87fcd.jpeg

On 1/1/2022 at 8:26 AM, Mossyback Angler said:

Happy New Year SU community.

Goals for 2022 are:

- Finally get my boat in the water after two long years of setbacks. 
- Fish my home water exclusively and put time into figuring out the body of water, and how the fish move.

- A new PB of 7lbs or above

- Putting more time into fishing glide / hard baits. Something I do not feel efficient at when and where to use. 

Hope you all achieve your 2022 goals. Good luck and tight lines. 

Well, here is my list from 2022…..bout the only thing I accomplished was fishing my home body of water exclusively. I did learn a lot about the fishery and more about the bass behavior there. Still a lot more to go. 

2023 goals are about the same as 2022. Wish I could say something more exciting. 

- I am ready to launch finally so that’s a definite this season.

- Crazy but I own zero glidebaits. Honestly, due to a lack of knowledge, I have no confidence I can fish them effectively. I would like to get over that mindset in 23’

- Still searching for that 7lb one. I know my fishery has them, I need to put the pieces together and capitalize on it.

Hope everyone else achieved their goals for 22’, and if not, keep at em’ and good luck in 2023. 

Edited by Mossyback Angler

On 1/1/2022 at 11:52 AM, danthefisherman said:

1. Catch a 7+ pound bass

2. Catch a 20+ pound striper

3. Explore and fish new waters

4. Learn the winter bite on familiar waters

5. Finishing off a few bait projects would also be nice…

Happy new year, SU!

1. Fail: biggest was a mid 5lber I think?

2. Fail: I hooked and lost one of this caliber a few weeks ago though…

3. Semi-fail: tried to explore a bit but it’s hard to get away from the waters that I know the best.

4. Fail: This has been the worst winter fishing-wise for me. I feel more lost than last year.

5: Fail: ended up taking up new projects instead of finishing old ones haha.

I don’t think I’m very good at this “new year resolution” thing… for 2023 my resolution will be to redeem myself for poor performance in 2022 :lol:

Happy new year, SU!

Edited by danthefisherman

On 1/2/2022 at 7:00 PM, Spencer_518 said:

Catch a 5lb largemouth 

catch a 4+ smallmouth 

catch some stripers when they run the Hudson in the spring

utilize swimbaits in different scenarios and take my time and not rush things

fish more tournaments 

make some swimbaits that catch fish

thats about it for me. I had a shot at crushing my PB’s last year and screwed up big time. It is what it is. My PB’s are small compared to 99% of the guys out there but I just really got back into fishing a few years ago and last year was the first year throwing big baits all year. Take what you learn and spend time on the water. Every trip is a quest and you never know what you might hook into. If you’re in upstate ny like me you know you’ll run into the smallest fish LOL

2022 was terrible. 

4.5 Largemouth

3.7 Smallmouth

I did catch an 18lb Tiger Muskie which was pretty cool and terrifying.

Bought a big boi boat when I shouldn't have because I am broke

so, Lets try this again,

2023 Goals:

5lb Largemouth

4lb Smallmouth

Learn my electronics on my boat

Fish some tournies 

Stop buying swimbaits

bye

On 1/3/2022 at 8:53 PM, SVT THUNDER said:

Looking through the answers in this thread, I think most all of us have similiar goals to some degree. Of course I’d love to break my PB. I’d also love to catch a bass on one of my lures that are over 10”. I’d say my biggest goals however would be to just enjoy more time fishing and getting to know more fine members here. Made some good friends here since joining. The kind of guys that are honest and go out of their way to help me and others get baits that have always eluded us. The ones that share knowledge. The kind that reach out to help so many of us in other ways outside of fishing. And I hope I can do the same for others. Happy New Year. 

Didn’t break my PB. Likely won’t since I beat the banks these days. 
Caught plenty of 3-4lb bass on 10” baits. Only 1 blowup on a 14” Moby that didn’t get hooked up.

Not sure I fished anymore than usual. But I did get to know more great members here. 
The last sentence isn’t anything I can judge for myself. But I tried. 

This year I will continue my never ending attempt to catch bigger bass like everyone else. I hope to pull back the reigns on my growing problem of buying so many baits. But more than anything else, I want to continue trying to help others as much as I can. God has allowed my passion for fishing to stay with me throughout my life and no doubt has helped me stay clean and sober for over 24 years now. 

Wishing all of you nothing but the best in 2023. 

On 1/2/2022 at 3:24 AM, stkbass said:

Happy new years! 2022 goals!

1. Stop buying baits I don't need!
2. Break 13 lbs!
3. 40+ lbs for best 5 fish in 2022
4. Catch a DD
5. Catch 10 glide fish

I kept #1 and didn't buy new baits this year! Didn't get a 13+ but did get a DD. Almost hit 40 lbs but I kinda dropped off 2nd half of the year. I think I got close to 10 glide fish but forgot to take pics of some. It was a good year overall.

Going to keep it simple for 2023.

1. Catch 2 DDs