Thoughts on scalping.

BittyRanger

Okay so I’m a new member to the underground and I apologize if this has been brought up before, but what are every ones thoughts on people scalping on here. And if you support it why so ? Genuinely curious as to what people really think of the current market. 

49 minutes ago, SVT THUNDER said:

Been slinging swimbaits for over two decades and this is the first time I’ve ever heard anyone refer to flipping baits as scalping....

Damn you’ve been scalping for twenty year mad respect bro that’s so awesome. 

26 minutes ago, BittyRanger said:

Hey bro, I know none of this makes sense to you, and by no means am I supporting “scalping” aka flipping, but you don’t need to come out here and call out well respected members like SVT and some of the other guys that you have. Read the black market rules, people can ask whatever price they want for their stuff. If we all disagree with it and don’t buy it, then the prices will eventually come back down. Some of these guys “scalping” help others get their hands on baits or gear that otherwise is not attainable. Their time facilitating that comes with a price. There’s no need for any extra drama or animosity if you don’t like the price, just simply don’t buy it as others should do the same 

I’ll buy flipped baits! I miss all drops, I make 0 effort to go to any events to get them at retail.  So if someone wants to stand in line and sell me a bait at 5 times retail, lets make it happen cause idgaf and I’m addicted. 

Who’s calling anyone out? I don’t get it? I can’t voice my opinion on the BM so I took it to this sub  forum. It’s my right to disagree, should I have commented those immature things? No, and I regret saying those things to them. My opinion on scalping stands how it is. It’s hard for me not to say anything as I’m currently learning the retail prices of a lot of these baits. like you said I just don’t understand that part yet. As a new comer to SU I can definitely perceive there’s a hive mentality I can’t tell you how many people say the same things to me . “That’s just the way it is”. I can’t support that flipping aspect or the people who do it. Some people only see dollars signs and others see the bait for its intended purpose. This ain’t drama at all this my opinion and I chose to voice it to anyone who would read. 

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I’ll buy flipped baits! I miss all drops, I make 0 effort to go to any events to get them at retail.  So if someone wants to stand in line and sell me a bait at 5 times retail, lets make it happen cause idgaf and I’m addicted. 

Go off bro 

42 minutes ago, BittyRanger said:

Nope. Everyone else understood precisely what I was saying. Tone it down a few notches and you might find the answers you’re looking for if you’re new to swimbaits. Lot of great anglers on here that can and will help others. But not with that attitude. 

Haven’t seen a single real opinion here yet. The overwhelming amount of people who say don’t like it is a little weird. can’t lie.  it’s like everyone just regurgitates that one black market rule but if you read a little longer you can see and it also says to take it to another forum if I choose to and I did.sad to see an underwhelming amount of thought put into these answers. It was disappointing.