Rookie Mistakes

TmBtc12

Fishing last summer i remember making an extra long cast standing in a steep bank and i swore the ground came up and hit me! i became horizontal with the ground mid cast and having my feet swept out from underneath me from standing some eucalyptus or bush seeds that were like ball bearings! Make sure you have good footing when casting heavy baits!

I was fishing one summer catching big spots and hybrids and they were blowing up everywhere. I caught a couple and decided I needed to retie after I tied my bait checked the knot and clipped the tag end I threw the pliers over the side of the boat instead of my bait.

:lol::lol::lol: Did the exact same thing on my float tube......I have everything on a leash now.

Ahaha I got another one... Not a Swimbait story but I was fishing a WON Bass tournament and it was freezing at 20deg, hands were numb...I make a cast and throw my rod and reel in the water! Gloomis NRX/Shimano core combo LMAO. I was lucky that it sank very slowly...got it back, Super light setup :lol:

First time throwing a punker (injected) , I had the line wrap around the top eyelet and the braid snap. That bait sailed far enough that it took me like 5 mins to troll over to it... just before I got to the bait it got nailed by a fish! All day I could here "splash, ratttle, rattle, splash" as the bass tried to free itself... eventually I found my bait floating... but what a trip :lol:

I was shore pounding newport harbor and we were standing on a sea wall and my friend decides to snag a stingray. As it is hard to unhook a stingray since they sting, this random man tries to help my friend. Eventually they get it unhooked, and have to shove it over the edge to release it. So on the count of three they push it. The ray went over, and also my friends brand new curado, landing in the sharp rocks with the dreaded saltwater. So the man has to hold my friends hand to get him down there to get his setup. It all worked out, but my buddy was POed.

Dont let buddies stand in a rental boat when there are three of you fishing. Forgot the motor was clicked into gear, boat jolted forward and it was a quick trip over the side for my buddy who was standing up. He panicked and tried to hop back in the boat... Which sank it. Luckily we were in 10 ft of water so we dragged it to shore and only ended up losing one rod and reel combo, our security deposit, and a bit of our dignity

post-2287-14252993148049_thumb.jpg

My first time throwing swimbaits was back in 2004, I just got into bass fishing and all I had was this 2 piece MH 10-17 shimano clarus. Decided to throw a 3oz castaic soft trout all day long. About 45 minutes into throwing it I launch the bait and half the rod 30 yards out, all on 12 lb test. Luckily I was able to slow crank the setup back. Tightened the two piece and proceeded to stick a 6 lber. Hooked.

Fished Clearlake and was on a R2S Bottom walker bite, started the morning with 4 or five good bites. Swung hard on all the hits , but could not stick any of them. Soo frustrated, I was bout to make another cast and my partner says " usually takin that red hook sleeve off helps". Talk about bein shame :oops: Caught a few fish after that! LOL :lol:

Fished Clearlake and was on a R2S Bottom walker bite, started the morning with 4 or five good bites. Swung hard on all the hits , but could not stick any of them. Soo frustrated, I was bout to make another cast and my partner says " usually takin that red hook sleeve off helps". Talk about bein shame :oops: Caught a few fish after that! LOL :lol:

:lol::lol: I like that one! These are all pretty funny!