Andrew Hinkle

Slowroller

6 minutes ago, Loudsplashbassn_ said:

This lol never understood established guys still doing pre orders ..must be spending profits on a drug habit ahaha was hinkle ever on time when he first started or was this common practice from the beginning ? 

Not sure. I haven't been around long enough to know that but I know a lot of reputable people know who he is and why they don't ever really say anything or just brush it off.

here's some simple math because I know a lot people still defend these guys and how they do biz.  say a 100 bait drop at $180 a pop that is $18,000 GROSS PROFIT. If anyone knows a little about a small biz you have expenses for materials and what not and your time to make the baits themselves, taxes. other irrelevant things that are just part of it. 

These dudes are raking in thousands of dollars before even making the bait! LOL WTF

BGC has the preorder thing down. 

Opens his preorder, leaves it open until he reaches 500. Then closes it. Makes a first come first serve list that is about 30 to 40 people per page. Builds the baits strictly off each page in order. Every month or so he ships everything out from that page and moves onto the next page. He's been on point for like 3 years now. 

18 hours ago, SumoNinja said:

BGC has the preorder thing down. 

Opens his preorder, leaves it open until he reaches 500. Then closes it. Makes a first come first serve list that is about 30 to 40 people per page. Builds the baits strictly off each page in order. Every month or so he ships everything out from that page and moves onto the next page. He's been on point for like 3 years now. 

Man, Kevin is one of THE best guys around that makes truly awesome baits and puts his customers first. 

On 4/12/2022 at 11:59 PM, GregoSD said:

Ordered a prime gill as well. Got a tracking number on 3/20 but USPS is still waiting for package. Probably gonna do a claim since I don’t feel like dealing with this sht. 

I did. PP sided with me in less than 16 hours. But even after the case was closed, I had to chat twice with PP after waiting over 10 days with no refund showing up. Apparently if the seller doesn't have funds in their account, you can be waiting indefinitely. Read some horror stories regarding people not getting a refund after winning a case. That’s when I started contacting PP. I’ll never make another BD purchase. Ever. 

Just a suggestion to everyone on your paypal acct.  I was told if you have a your debit card associated with the acct you can dispute the charges directly with the bank.  I had my bank acct directly linked and couldn't dispute anything.  The bank rep told me to use my debit card instead.

Not sure if this helps or not but, I’ve bought baits off Black Dogs website probably the last 10 drops he’s done and I’ve waited a week to 2 months before I received my baits. It seems the Bubba’s always take longer. I to, have received notification from the post office saying they have been notified and it has taken weeks after that before it actually shipped. I know he’s a hard guy to get ahold of but, I’ve always received my baits from him. 

32 minutes ago, Anthony Hein said:

Not sure if this helps or not but, I’ve bought baits off Black Dogs website probably the last 10 drops he’s done and I’ve waited a week to 2 months before I received my baits. It seems the Bubba’s always take longer. I to, have received notification from the post office saying they have been notified and it has taken weeks after that before it actually shipped. I know he’s a hard guy to get ahold of but, I’ve always received my baits from him. 

Why they do that months before they send the bait or even weeks is ridiculous 

6 hours ago, Whammy said:

190 + shipping for a shad

220 + shipping for a trout 

I guess that's not too terrible but , getting them is a horror story , to say the least.

The deal with paypal, and I know  bc I've been thru this , don't ever let the seller talk you into closing your dispute. Once that's done the seller has your money ,period... I had a guy tell me he couldn't refund my money unless I closed the dispute on him. Not knowing his trick I closed it. After some days I contacted paypal and they told me that's a game they play. They know if you close the case it's a done deal. Other than that you should be protected on paypal.

Had similar situation dealing with a Wake snake maker. Took almost 2 years. After  several attempts(over several weeks)  to contact maker I just opened a dispute with paypal and was shortly contacted by the maker with a "WTF" email like I had done something irrational. Long story short I eventually got my bait. In all fairness it was exceptional. If you have trouble open a dispute and NEVER CLOSE IT UNTIL SETTLED! Has always worked for me.  You have 180 days from date of purchase and the seller has 20 days to make it right. 200 days is more than reasonable. To many talented makers out there with killer baits to be dealing with nonsense.  Anytime you FF on paypal you have given away all leverage for actually getting what you paid for.

On 4/12/2022 at 9:18 PM, Eveninglabor said:

Since we are on the subject of bait makers ghosting people. Sup with the latest Black Dog drop?  

been wondering about mine sent an email just no reply got jacked by phoney as well