Andrew Hinkle

Slowroller

4 hours ago, jiggerjake said:

Been following the Hinkle threads and decided to look around and see what all the hype on these glides was about. Are they really fetching a $1000 on the Bay? Out of curiosity what does he normally sell his shad's for?

And I thought Pizz re-sale was getting a little ridiculous.

Anyway I hope all involved get some satisfactory resolution.

The ones painted by Paul were going for close to that earlier this year. I use to watch those eBay auctions for entertainment. But it got old. I saw some go for $900+. 

But they are listed in the BM here for $400-$450 once and awhile. 

As far as blank prices, the last time I bought the Shad’s, they were $180ea as @SumoNinjasaid. But that was back in 2018 when they shipped out in 6-8 weeks after payment. I think the Trout were $230-$250 at that time also. 

20 hours ago, hydrocephalic said:

I would be requesting a refund ASAP before this house of cards falls. You guys think he hasn't already spent a lot of that cash on other things and might not have a solution for this whole thing? I would be trying to get my cash before he just ghosts.

Been tellin people that money is long gone. Dudes a scam.

On 8/30/2022 at 1:29 PM, Whammy said:

Upon the rebirth of this thread I decided to try and contact Andrew for a refund. Instead of responding to my original email again I made a new one with Refund in the subject line. I got a pretty fast response asking for my PayPal info and that he would issue said refund today. Now we wait 

Well after a day and a half and about 7 emails, I was just refunded my money. There is hope, indeed

5 minutes ago, SVT THUNDER said:

If you won’t need them until 2024-2025, you may get them by then. 

That’s tuff  they look like sick baits maybe one of these days I’ll have the money to snag a used one lol 

• 2 months later...

Well not to beat a dead horse but did anyone that got emails ever get their bait ? I tried to get 2 trick trouts and he said he was on the fourth preorder at that time. My promised shipping date came and went So I ended up getting a refund. Was just curious how everyone else faired. 

I was in the third pre order I believe - told him that I was in on March 2021 and didn't send the money for the bait until May 2021. I just received my bait about a week ago. I waited patiently with no follow-up emails for several anticipated shipping dates and then got pretty forward with regular (almost daily) emails following each missed date until I got a response from him. Most of them went unanswered but eventually I did get a reply and eventually the bait. Quite a bit of hassle and constant reaching out. Not sure how many folks have gotten theirs yet - I haven't seen many go up for sale on the market so I am assuming not too many.

13 hours ago, brinkerhoff150 said:

I was in the third pre order I believe - told him that I was in on March 2021 and didn't send the money for the bait until May 2021. I just received my bait about a week ago. I waited patiently with no follow-up emails for several anticipated shipping dates and then got pretty forward with regular (almost daily) emails following each missed date until I got a response from him. Most of them went unanswered but eventually I did get a reply and eventually the bait. Quite a bit of hassle and constant reaching out. Not sure how many folks have gotten theirs yet - I haven't seen many go up for sale on the market so I am assuming not too many.

nice, i'm glad to see folks are actually getting them. like i said i requested a refund and i received it promptly so i'm not complaining i was just curios how others faired. it does seem odd the order in which the baits  go out, some from the 2nd and third preorders have got them and others from the first have not. the shads and trouts are the same i know of folks who have been waiting for a long time ( year or more) while a known painter gets them on the regular, i have ordered 2-5 baits through that painter with no issue. really just no rhyme or reason to it.  appreciate the reply, Tight Lines 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2023 at 4:57 PM, daminator said:

So I paid Andrew on December 8, 2020 and still have received nothing. Is there still anybody else in my same situation?

I’d reach out to him and explain the situation including the date you paid. My theory (complete speculation) is that he does follow a list but as people who’ve been waiting start to get antsy and email frequently he’ll send those folks baits. Keep in mind you’ll probably have to email multiple times to get a response and the date he states probably won’t be the date you get your bait. I do think you’ll get a bait but without reaching out that could be anywhere from tomorrow to 3 years from now. 

I’ve learned in the swimbait community that the customers just give out interest free loans to a lot of bait makers that need some quick money for something so they decide to do a “preorder”. I think it’s gotten better but there’s no other way with hinkle unless you want to spend the flipper prices or wait until the market comes down. 

On 12/14/2023 at 4:57 PM, daminator said:

So I paid Andrew on December 8, 2020 and still have received nothing. Is there still anybody else in my same situation?

If you’ve read this thread you can assume EVERYBODY else is in that situation lol. Not sure how people can read all this info on forums and still jump right on preorders. Not saying you, as you ordered 3 years ago. But by now there’s enough info and data showing you’re not getting your baits for years IF you get it at all. Then when it actually happens people act surprised. Pay the extra $200 and let someone else wait in line for 3 years and then post it for sale. Or buy a bullshad, gbc, bgc or any other glide shad for $150. I can assure you, if you can’t catch a fish on a different shad glide, you won’t on a Hinkle 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2023 at 1:57 PM, daminator said:

Paid him right around the same time as you and baits came just over 2 years later. Sent him a few emails over that time just to make sure it wasn’t forgotten and he would always respond with an update on the baits and just after the 2 year mark I got a tracking number email and baits within a week.