MANDINGO 300

Austen

Hahaha genius!! I thought about making a "Not Allowed" bait a while back too but I feel like I didnt want to offend anyone...all these ppl talking about mandingo on the forum, I always wonder wat it was..now I know!

• 3 weeks later...

Since the lure I'm reviewing is basically a smaller version of the Mandingo 300, I figured I'd just add it to this review.

Bait: The Eldrick 177 or 'mini-dingo'

Category: Wake bait

Material: Resin

Color: Black

Hardware: Owner ST-41s and Hyperwire Prince Albert

Length: 177mm

post-1174-14252991071626_thumb.jpg

I fished the bait this morning, before sunrise, thinking it would do it's best work in the dark. Water temp was 44 degrees (there was no noticeable shrinkage), wind was 2 mph. Gear was an LDC 8.5' XXH parabolic with a Lexa 300 and 30# PF. Stuck one fish right before sunrise and she went 7.4lb. This bait may not be as flashy as the full-sized Mandingo 300, but the fat girls seem to like it's seductive wiggle and throbbing action.

Sorry for the poor photos but there was some fog and all the surfaces were pretty shiny, so the flash blew out the first image pretty badly.

post-1174-14252991075728_thumb.jpg

post-1174-14252991072164_thumb.jpg

:shock: Dave, you now officially have all the bragging rights in the swimbait world. Only you can say "I have caught a 7lb bass on a dickbait". Congrats :D

Thanks, but Mike D. gets it next; I'm sure he'll lose some huge fish on it. ; 0 )

• 2 weeks later...

Id feel dirty tying it onto my line, let alone coating it down with pro cure. I could only imagine what my wife would say if she saw me walking out the door for a night mission with that tied on.