Wedgie project

FishinGang916

So ive always wanted to make a wedge tail for myself so made a rough start a while back but got busy, Been looking at this on the shelf and decided it's time to follow thru lol should I scale it or keep it smooth? Might be painting them rather than pouring layers if it ever gets molded lol

20230131_191453.jpg

I would get more arch in the side of tail so it grabs water.  With it being the shape it is it might not kick much. I did one years ago with with a similar shape but more arch and it pulled straight through water. No kick. It might work great. Might not. I would def mold it as is and pour resin blanks so you can mess with tail shape until you get action you’re looking for. It will also allow you to do one with scales and one without or any other changes you might want to make 

On 2/1/2023 at 9:27 AM, Socalswimbait said:

I would get more arch in the side of tail so it grabs water.  With it being the shape it is it might not kick much. I did one years ago with with a similar shape but more arch and it pulled straight through water. No kick. It might work great. Might not. I would def mold it as is and pour resin blanks so you can mess with tail shape until you get action you’re looking for. It will also allow you to do one with scales and one without or any other changes you might want to 

That's a good idea forsure thanks I appreciate it , If all else fails it will become a paddle tail haha but I think I can make it happen lol 

3 hours ago, FishinGang916 said:

That's a good idea forsure thanks I appreciate it , If all else fails it will become a paddle tail haha but I think I can make it happen lol 

Body shape looks great. I would def mold it and play with things. Can make a wedge and paddle tail from same body. Good looking start tho. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Well I finally molded this master lol need to gloss the master better for a smoother shiny cast. Also may change the pour hole location to make it easier for a insert to be added to the mold. Overall it came out OK for now. Biggest issue I've run into is denting towards the head of the bait. Thinking I'm pouring to hot. 10/0 beast hook fits good

20231108_170136.jpg