Let's see your boats! Big boat or small boat, paddleboard or pontoon.

justintrask

After fishing out of my brothers boat for year whenever he had an open seat/invited me, I picked up this plastic bathtub last winter and had a blast learning last year. Looking forward to what this year brings.

12ft Sun Dolphin American

Lowrance Hook Reveal 7 (Splitshot)

45lb Minn Kota Edge

30lb crappy rear troller -- If you upgraded and have a spare 55lb sitting around in MA/RI, let me know ;)

It came with a deck and looked slick, but was super tippy, so took the floor out and was stoked with it since I'm not the most surefooted.

Also, learned the hard way that I needed new bunks. Learned to plastic weld though!

boat2.jpg

boats.jpg

ouch.jpg

Sweet rig.  I’ve been wanting to get something similar for the smaller lakes and when we have no accessible launch ramps out here in Southern OR and Northern Cali. It gets pretty lame when the waters are so low I can’t launch the Ranger.

First boat was a 12ft aluminum. Second boat was a 17ft Bass Tracker. 6 years ago at age 35, I was finally able to afford my dream boat. Bought my 2004 Ranger with a 150 Yamaha F150 from the original owner in Minnesota. It was 13 years old when I bought it and was mint and barely used (can only fish from a boat in MN for a few months, the rest of the year the lakes are frozen obviously and boats are winterized.) Couldn’t pass it up. Have had zero issues…..a little outdated electronics for todays standards, but will be upgrading here shortly. 

There was a similar post years ago about this topic, can’t wait to see all of the new rigs that get posted on this one.

36878116-D6FA-476D-A23B-8B5FAD99F738.jpeg

Edited by thebeardedbassman

1 minute ago, thebeardedbassman said:

Sweet rig.  I’ve been wanting to get something similar for the smaller lakes and when we have no accessible launch ramps out here in Southern OR and Northern Cali. It gets pretty lame when the waters are so low I can’t launch the Ranger.

First boat was a 12ft aluminum. Second boat was a 17ft Bass Tracker. 6 years ago at age 35, I was finally able to afford my dream boat. Bought my 2004 Ranger with a 150 Yamaha F150 from the original owner in Minnesota. It was 13 years old when I bought it and was mint and barely used (can only fish from a boat in MN for a few months, the rest of the year the lakes are frozen obviously and boats are winterized.) Couldn’t pass it up. Have had zero issues…..a little outdated electronics or todays standards, but will be upgrading here shortly. 

There was a similar post years ago about this topic, can’t wait to see all of the new rigs that get posted on this on.

36878116-D6FA-476D-A23B-8B5FAD99F738.jpeg

Sweet! I got my first at 34, but have been pounding sand most of my life. I'm trailer bound, but love fishing small ponds dragging my brothers crawdad through the woods haha

After saving money aggressively for the last five years, I pulled the trigger on a very beautiful 2021 Bass Cat Caracal this fall.  Hell of an upgrade from the Native Titan I was in before.  I'm not used to being able to cover so much water...I've spent the last several years within a three mile radius of the ramp, so the new freedom is daunting.  Merc 225 4s, Ultrex, and Helix 9 G4 at the console and the bow.  No livescope for now but I'm sure I'll add it at some point when cash flow permits.

In related news, anybody need a kayak trailer?  :D

IMG_0798.thumb.jpg.cbedef6b89ee0d5235cf14ae194f57c2.jpg

IMG_0835.thumb.jpg.1ffa991aa1e9788d6eef7d520a880716.jpg

They are all some sweet rigs there. 

But they all don’t have to be big (cue Michael Scott….)

1996 Sea Nymph FM146 14’-1”

When my fishing partner decided he wanted a new boat, I was given the opportunity to purchase this one. Truth be told, I had fished out of the boat a few years with him and he wanted to make sure I took it over as he knew how much I enjoyed it. So he made me an offer I couldn’t refuse for the boat and trailer, and to make it even sweeter, my wife purchased it for me. 

She (the boat) may be a little older, but she has a lot of life left in her, and has a lot of mojo. I’m proud of her.

2F55DB45-7773-47F2-A6FE-55B61E4480D7.thumb.jpeg.a5968ccad9024db2c12ee7c4eef69423.jpeg

This season I am adding a second 2D Sonar / GPS unit to the front to use with the US2 Transducer and would like to add a Power Pole Micro.

85BA628C-04CD-41E6-B927-318E61B8B160.thumb.jpeg.e9caca40af6d776d9c17e26aca2af69c.jpeg

most of the places I fish are 10' or less, so I've been contemplating making my  own hand crank shallow water anchor using a collapsible roof rod or something. Just for those windy days where I don't want to throw out the anchor but want to pick apart some structure

2 hours ago, Mossyback Angler said:

They are all some sweet rigs there. 

But they all don’t have to be big (cue Michael Scott….)

1996 Sea Nymph FM146 14’-1”

When my fishing partner decided he wanted a new boat, I was given the opportunity to purchase this one. Truth be told, I had fished out of the boat a few years with him and he wanted to make sure I took it over as he knew how much I enjoyed it. So he made me an offer I couldn’t refuse for the boat and trailer, and to make it even sweeter, my wife purchased it for me. 

She (the boat) may be a little older, but she has a lot of life left in her, and has a lot of mojo. I’m proud of her.

2F55DB45-7773-47F2-A6FE-55B61E4480D7.thumb.jpeg.a5968ccad9024db2c12ee7c4eef69423.jpeg

This season I am adding a second 2D Sonar / GPS unit to the front to use with the US2 Transducer and would like to add a Power Pole Micro.

85BA628C-04CD-41E6-B927-318E61B8B160.thumb.jpeg.e9caca40af6d776d9c17e26aca2af69c.jpeg