what line do you perfer???

Riffmeister

i found the chosen one! seagar senshi 20# ! perfect line! no memory issues and it stretches a little and is strong!! my mission is complete!

So how many big fish have you landed on that so far? How big of baits have you thrown on it, and for how long? Bent out any hooks? Pulled it over many rocks, hows the abrasion resistance? How about casting big baits for extended periods? Not doubting its good line, it just seems crazy to come to conclusions in such a short period of time. I fished the lines I recommend for over a year before I ever recommended them to anybody with any seriousness, probably just because that's about how long it takes me to trust something. But if you found what works for you and you're confident in it, thats great too.

This^^^^

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i found the chosen one! seagar senshi 20# ! perfect line! no memory issues and it stretches a little and is strong!! my mission is complete!

So how many big fish have you landed on that so far? How big of baits have you thrown on it, and for how long? Bent out any hooks? Pulled it over many rocks, hows the abrasion resistance? How about casting big baits for extended periods? Not doubting its good line, it just seems crazy to come to conclusions in such a short period of time. I fished the lines I recommend for over a year before I ever recommended them to anybody with any seriousness, probably just because that's about how long it takes me to trust something. But if you found what works for you and you're confident in it, thats great too.

i hear ya, yes its premature to say , but compared to other lines ive tried out lately (even the other seaguar) it has all the characteristics i like, and its been in use for about one month. Using it ive noticed it was very abrasion resistant and survived a operator malfunction that could have been a definite cast-off prior~~ i can understand any critisisms, considering my past choices,...but now i have a line i wouldnt be scared to buy a bulk spool of, and it casts very well.

All you can ask for then. I quit looking for other mono/copoly a while back. If that stuff makes you happy, great. I haven't tried it. Haven't been a big fan of the stuff I've tried of theirs. Everyone's given plenty of opinions on line choice. Plenty of people don't like what I like. I could probably read this thread and come up with 20 reasons you shouldn't use ish that's been suggested. So good for you.

^^^ same here! the other seagaur lines i tried had terrible memory and broke off with the slightest abrasion. best part is that it casts a country mile! crazy... because im a light-line type of person , well was, now this 20# is the same dia as my 15# i was using.... mind blowing. i really like it. good stuff and affordable.

talkin about being scared of losing baits i got myself 50 lb invisi braid lol.. thats extreme.. and im pretty sure i ruined my deps myself before even getting to use it blah... now i gotta find another one =\

Braid under 80# is the most fragile connection to an expensive bait IMO

You'll break that 50lb braid about 10x faster than 20-25lb mono or heavy fluoro for that matter. I saw your deps thread, I would ask Butch his professional opinion hes the only one who knows those baits inside and out. You might be able to bend those eyes back into place using a pair of pliers, if it was me I would look into removing the joint pin, unscrewing the screw eyes trashing them replacing them with identical eyes lightly epoxy them in at the *exact* same depth the previous eyes sat then replacing the pin.... That being said ask Butch.

I'd avoid going below 65lb braid for anything over 2 ounces, realistically I prefer 80lb, seems like overkill until something small like a hudd 68 flings across the lake tethered to nothing but a foot of 65#. There was a thread posted today that has a lot of great information especially on what line to use.

I agree. I prefer 80lb power pro. Just to have a lesser chance of slinging off an expensive lure

Lines are more similar than different as long as your not going from one extreme to the other.

If you go from the same type of line to another and notice a huge difference it's likely in your head.

no. the seagaur red label 20# compared to the seaguar senshi 20# was a huge difference. and we all know the differences between floro and mono~ as far as braid.. that stuff snaps, i always had weird issues with it , and i lost intrest- i will agree on that with braids though~

I have been using the P-Line CXX in 30# for my 10" baits ad 8" Hudds. I use the 20# amd 25# CXX for my 6" and medium baits. I use the 15#CXX for my S wavers and glide baits and Matt Lure Hard Gills.

I have not used any braided line until just recently and use the Suffix 832 in 80#. I have only one reel with braid and it does not get used much at all now. I just do not feel comfortable using braid with these high dollar baits.

I have been using the P-Line CXX in 30# for my 10" baits ad 8" Hudds. I use the 20# amd 25# CXX for my 6" and medium baits. I use the 15#CXX for my S wavers and glide baits and Matt Lure Hard Gills.

I have not used any braided line until just recently and use the Suffix 832 in 80#. I have only one reel with braid and it does not get used much at all now. I just do not feel comfortable using braid with these high dollar baits.

+1