Show Off Your Swimbait Setup

triple_illusion

Here's my two main set-ups I run with...

Left is MOAM5150 Lunatic Rod with Daiwa Shrapnel & 20lbs Pline PF

Right is MOAM5150 Psycho tod with Daiwa Luna 300 & 20lbs Pline PF

Both solid setups to throw anything and everything in my box

post-21056-0-91801200-1457399393_thumb.jpeg

Nice combos! One of the reasons I bumped this post was because I wanted to see what others have. I am thoroughly disappointed in the current rod market. Those Loomis' are looking really good thought, I like how you wrapped the corks and blacked them out! May I ask where you got that tape?

Nice combos! One of the reasons I bumped this post was because I wanted to see what others have. I am thoroughly disappointed in the current rod market. Those Loomis' are looking really good thought, I like how you wrapped the corks and blacked them out! May I ask where you got that tape?

Thanks Adam, good bump man! There's a ton of eye candy on here for sure! Loomis has been great to me for the past 20 years, they were once one of my sponsors while was on the circuit. They have an impeccable warranty as well. I've done all the custom stuff, and while I like having unique gear to represent my style, I need tools that I can count on at any moment. Getting a custom rod warrantied can be a nightmare, whether you wrap it yourself, or go through a custom shop. I had a client accidentally step on two of my pitching sticks, busting them, and literally had another couple brand new ones at my door the next morning. It's been a long time since I've worked with them, but absolutely still support their product. The wrap I use is actually a tennis racquet hoop wrap, not handle wrap. I've been using it for past twenty years, came up with the idea by accident kinda. It has great adhesion, phenomenal grip, and kind of feels like a tightly wrapped strip of leather. I've not lost one cork handle due to water damage. I definitely have my own weird style, lol. Thanks for the compliment!

Thanks Adam, good bump man! There's a ton of eye candy on here for sure! Loomis has been great to me for the past 20 years, they were once one of my sponsors while was on the circuit. They have an impeccable warranty as well. I've done all the custom stuff, and while I like having unique gear to represent my style, I need tools that I can count on at any moment. Getting a custom rod warrantied can be a nightmare, whether you wrap it yourself, or go through a custom shop. I had a client accidentally step on two of my pitching sticks, busting them, and literally had another couple brand new ones at my door the next morning. It's been a long time since I've worked with them, but absolutely still support their product. The wrap I use is actually a tennis racquet hoop wrap, not handle wrap. I've been using it for past twenty years, came up with the idea by accident kinda. It has great adhesion, phenomenal grip, and kind of feels like a tightly wrapped strip of leather. I've not lost one cork handle due to water damage. I definitely have my own weird style, lol. Thanks for the compliment!

that sounds awesome

My lunch time set up. I like my old abu 6500 mag elites. I fish them in saltwater and freshwater. Work horses.

attachicon.gifIMG_0568.JPG

Random question, but is that a ~2010 civic? Just traded mine in a few months ago, but that dash looks awfully familiar. I miss the incredibly strange looks I used to get driving around new york city with a small car packed with fishing gear. They were even better when I used to car-top my pro angler on it haha. 

The setups on this page are just ridiculous. Need to put more time/funds into building up my own dream team. 

Random question, but is that a ~2010 civic? Just traded mine in a few months ago, but that dash looks awfully familiar. I miss the incredibly strange looks I used to get driving around new york city with a small car packed with fishing gear. They were even better when I used to car-top my pro angler on it haha. 

The setups on this page are just ridiculous. Need to put more time/funds into building up my own dream team. 

Newer civic. The joy of commuting  :roll: . I get more stares about the baits hanging from the rod than the gear. I'm late all the time because I spend the morning trying to figure out what baits I'm going to take. 

Edited by dominioncaster