Strangest thing's you've came across while fishing?

colbypearson

Last year while fishing the lower flint river for shoal bass i floated across a group shooting a big foot hoax film. guys tried to make me be part of the film where i caught a fish and bigfoot came charging out into the river after my fish.

And you said yes? I hope? haha :lol:

Last year while fishing the lower flint river for shoal bass i floated across a group shooting a big foot hoax film. guys tried to make me be part of the film where i caught a fish and bigfoot came charging out into the river after my fish.

Can you even say no to something like that lol

Can you even say no to something like that lol

+1

When I was younger, we'd go down to Mexico and fish. Well, one morning we wake up and there's some random dude passed out in our tent. My dad wakes him up and asks him what he's doing. Guy stands up and says, "well, it's been fun" and casually walks out

Last year during summer i was on an early pre dawn wake jr bite off this long point next to a recreation area on my lake. this bite was so hot i had been 4 days in a row getting up at 3 am. well on the 5th day as i crept around the point to get into my best casting position i hear something that sounds like a walrus being mauled by a triceratops lol i look over and on the picnic table closest to the water i see a tiny little hispanic dude putting the root to a pretty heavy chic on the picnic table. the funniest part was he was standing on a block or brick so he could reach. lol but all in all it was kinda disgusting. they didn't notice me for at least 2 good long casts. i didn't catch any fish there that day or any more fish the rest of the summer. I'm pretty sure her monstrous orgasm noised scarrrd those fish. and they still haven't come back from deep water. lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

one day me and my buddy went over to a private lake around 5am(still dark out). This place is a gated community we always just walk into, we are fishing in front of the lake with the gate to get in towards the back of us. Its still pitch dark and a car pulls up to the gate and drops off a guy. The guy hops the gate and walks down a street.Us not really paying attention to the guy ignore him, about 5 mins later the guy is rolling a big ass thing out the front gate (which looked like a tv set). We just watch the guy roll the thing out and put it into a van and they drive off , leaving us saying wth just happened? we just blow that off as well. About 2 mins later the guy somehow got back in to the community, he walks up to the small shack that controls the gate and smashes it with something and threw i think was a m80 into it, he took off running down the street trucking a lady. He was running in our direction and i noticed he had a gigantic knife in his hand. me and my friend just looked at each other and took off running down the street and left the gated community by going out a back gate. i don't think the guy was intentionally running after us , but i didnt care because it was pretty freaky. after all of this we ended up fishing at a local park nearby.

I still have no idea what the hell the guy was doing or if the lady was okay, but it was sketchy witnessing that

When I was 15 I saw a chick fishing topless, not the strangest but still pretty awesome to a 15 year old.

The strangest for me has to be catching this 3+ft turtle on a Strike King 5xd. The strange part was it unhooked itself using its claws.

post-3423-14252994194739_thumb.png

Ive got a few stories...

12 years old, trout fishing (i know :lol: ) in the sierras, lower owens

Show up to spot, small river, maybe 10ft wide but fast. Start drifting nightcrawlers on 2lb test and my ultralight.....fish every cast. Fishing for like 30min with grandpa when some other people show up. They are just hanging out parked like 30ft from us. After them being there for 10 minutes i hear a girls voice say "Hey. should i flash that kid?" she said it like 2 or 3 more times and all of her friends said yea and my grandpa heard this and told me not to look....so what do i do? I turned around real quick and took a mental pictures and tried to get a high five from my grandpa but he wouldn't stop laughing....eventually left the spot and grandma never found out.

Here is another one. moved to AZ (Bullhead, if you know where that is) 2 years ago

Fishing the river for stripers, 15 years old, 3AM, its nice outside. I wasn't really scared of me because i was and still am a big kid. Out of no where a little white car shows up. Heavier set indian guy gets out and starts talking to me like he knew me or something "Hey my friend, its been a long time sonce i have seen you!" then he started trying to get me to leave with him "I go buy you beer, lets go!" and i consistently kept saying no thanks and he eventually left and i fished until the morning.....

Some only guy tried to fight on stocking day because he was convinced i was using a live trout hahaha. He came over to me and realized it was a lures and said sorry

One more

There is this big marina that was never finished and got re possesed by the bank, its pretty much a small lake, maybe like 5 or 6 acres, filled with huge bluegill, largemouth, smallies, and carp. If you go in there by boat then they cant say anything to you but if you fish on their property from shore they will chase you out. So me and grandpa decide to go explore....i have to bring a pole. We get down to the marina where you aren't suposed to fish and this homeless looking guy has his boat tied to the dock with a little white poodle with him. So we start talking to him and i see the biggest smallmouth of my life,(5+) and say "Holy ish look at that smallie!" and make a cast or two and he starts bitching about how i wans't curtious because he was there first. I tried to explain to him that just because he had fishing poles in his boat didnt mean he was fishing and he could go bug somebody else. So he tells me he is calling the cops and i said ""Not Allowed" you and you little "not allowed" dog " and left :lol: not one of my finest moments.......

Out here in AZ you run into to casual tweaker getting their fix down by the water.

sorry for the wall of text.....i wished i wrote papers like this haha

This winter, I was fishing a river with a friend from a 'yak. Something had the bass completely shut off, and we didn't catch anything fishing for 5 hours, but I did manage to catch and kill a hen mallard (it was youth duck day, and my little brothers were hunting downriver and shot her, but she flew all the way up to us, landed, and couldn't fly any more) I didn't want the bird to suffer, so I snagged her, reeled her in, and broke her neck (she's in the freezer right now). Shortly after that, a rabbit that had no apparent injuries comes floating down the river stone dead, it had nothing to do with my brothers haha. Lots of other kind of weird things have happened, but those two events in one trip surprised me

• 2 weeks later...