Heads Up / Any Information Appreciated.

BigBaitThirty

4 minutes ago, BigBaitThirty said:

Damn Bro that’s Solid AF. 

A lot of guys have been good to me over the years, I’d be happy to help out, shoot me your address when you get a chance and I’ll get her out wed

6 minutes ago, Rob catchandrelease said:

Shoot me a pm and I can ship it Wednesday 

I genuinely appreciate the gesture my guy I really do but I cannot accept that. Hopefully we can meet and wet a line some time. Cheers:)

27 minutes ago, Rob catchandrelease said:

Hey bro I’m sorry man that sucks. I have a K9 that I’ll send to you for free if you’d like. It’s not brand new but hopefully it can make up for getting ripped off

this is why I still am on SU and SU! There are so many solid dudes on both platforms!!!

13 minutes ago, Brendan2468 said:

this is why I still am on SU and SU! There are so many solid dudes on both platforms!!!

I agree! No offense to anyone but it just seems like it's mostly people that joined during the covid era or more recent. I know theres alot of solid guys that have joined since then, but man the shady deals, scams and general disrespect has really picked up in the last couple years. Sorry for the rant. 

As prices of baits and gear go up scammers will be looking to make easy cash. Watch out for this guy too. Scammed three people in a few days a few weeks ago - even gave his phone number to the other dudes (if it’s a legit #). Lost 250 trying to buy a reel - first time being scammed on SU since joining in 2016. 4865A84C-AC76-45A8-B392-1CD9ACB084A3.thumb.png.f6eea7d0fc231bca28dec0a378651cca.pngDFF10876-7E11-47EA-9D87-6A34DF71E40E.thumb.png.13d12eb504ac775213e37ac01639a6e0.png

3 minutes ago, brinkerhoff150 said:

As prices of baits and gear go up scammers will be looking to make easy cash. Watch out for this guy too. Scammed three people in a few days a few weeks ago - even gave his phone number to the other dudes (if it’s a legit #). Lost 250 trying to buy a reel - first time being scammed on SU since joining in 2016. 4865A84C-AC76-45A8-B392-1CD9ACB084A3.thumb.png.f6eea7d0fc231bca28dec0a378651cca.pngDFF10876-7E11-47EA-9D87-6A34DF71E40E.thumb.png.13d12eb504ac775213e37ac01639a6e0.png

Sucks bro I’m sorry that happened. Lame as hell. Like why? I could never even fathom screwing people over like that it just blows my mind.

10 minutes ago, brinkerhoff150 said:

Wait I traded with this guy… our trade went smooth but I do have the address I shipped to. He showed me a hinkle and asked if it was a good deal. He said he found it at a yard sale and it looked very similar to one of the 4 hinkles I had stolen in 2019. Being only 1 state away from him I got excited thinking he may have stumbled on one of my lost hinkles and offered to buy it. Upon further inspection I realized  the hinkle was probably fake and advised him not to buy it. I actually mentioned to my girl I wonder if he’s just trying to scam me because after trying to build my trust with the trade. He said the guy at the garage sale told him He’d hold the bait until the next day and that he didn’t know much about them and reached out for my help before purchasing. But then acted like he couldn’t afford jt but would buy it for me if I wanted it. So I started to think why would this dude offer to go to a garage sale and buy a hinkle for someone you hardly know… he may not have had foul intentions but after seeing these other posts I’m glad I thought something was fishy and backed out. 

4 minutes ago, Bassmasterbrad said:

Wait I traded with this guy… our trade went smooth but I do have the address I shipped to. He showed me a hinkle and asked if it was a good deal. He said he found it at a yard sale and it looked very similar to one of the 4 hinkles I had stolen in 2019. Being only 1 state away from him I got excited thinking he may have stumbled on one of my lost hinkles and offered to buy it. Upon further inspection I realized  the hinkle was probably fake and advised him not to buy it. I actually mentioned to my girl I wonder if he’s just trying to scam me because after trying to build my trust with the trade. He said the guy at the garage sale told him He’d hold the bait until the next day and that he didn’t know much about them and reached out for my help before purchasing. But then acted like he couldn’t afford jt but would buy it for me if I wanted it. So I started to think why would this dude offer to go to a garage sale and buy a hinkle for someone you hardly know… he may not have had foul intentions but after seeing these other posts I’m glad I thought something was fishy and backed out. 

Please message me his address so I can file a police report. @gavindh @trusavage also had similar issues with him.

2 hours ago, Bassmasterbrad said:

Hopefully this won’t deter everyone from someone legitimately trying to help someone out. I’m the kind of dude who’d do something like this….and have recently offered this kind of deal to a member for a K9 phantom from my local bait shop. Granted by the time I went back they’d sold out but it was a sincere offer. I’m sure I won’t be the only one to extend this kind of offer and yeah…it’d raise some flags. But FWIW I enjoy perpetuating some good in this world in ways that I can…and I’d rather someone view me as strange or possibly even an idiot than be viewed as a potential thief. Hopefully you’ll eventually find those Hinkles and Justin gets his K9 shipped.

One thing I do know is that I have a K9 joy thief he’s welcome to use the next time he gets enough sleep (inside joke) 

12 hours ago, aoy08 said:

I agree! No offense to anyone but it just seems like it's mostly people that joined during the covid era or more recent. I know theres alot of solid guys that have joined since then, but man the shady deals, scams and general disrespect has really picked up in the last couple years. Sorry for the rant. 

You’re 100% correct in my short time here  I’ve seen well over 20 post about people getting scammed 

Dang man, I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve had nothing, but good experiences with him. I bought a Biggs Denali, K9 and 200K curado with a Gomexus handle from him all in the past 2-3 weeks! He seemed like a solid dude towards me, but your experience is telling a different story. Sad thing is… based off my transactions, I would have vouched for him! :wacko: