Maiden Voyage

SumoNinja

18 minutes ago, bassbass said:

Nice and congrats. The water level looks way down.

Thanks man. You're familiar with this lake? But yea it's been way down. Sucks so bad too. In April it was so high, getting closer to capacity. Then they started draining it again, and by July it was way low 

10 hours ago, SumoNinja said:

Thanks man. You're familiar with this lake? But yea it's been way down. Sucks so bad too. In April it was so high, getting closer to capacity. Then they started draining it again, and by July it was way low 

No not at all but can tell from the picture.

2 hours ago, Mossyback Angler said:

Bro, you always kill it from the shore, can’t imaging what you’re going to do now that you are out there. 
Congratulations.

2 hours ago, LowSpinner said:

The only thing those SoCal fish had going for them was you not being "On" the water.

Congrats bro 

Haha, thanks guys. I do plan on giving them hell after winter 

12 hours ago, Adonelan75 said:

Good for you man! Takes awhile to get use to the angles of casting. At least it did for me.  Low branches were my enemy last season lol good luck man! 

Thanks man. I've already noticed a few things I gotta get used to. I don't plan to motorize it so staying still will be a struggle in wind and chop. Also any bait with a big lip tends to wanna pull the rod tip toward the bait which I don't like pointing my rod at the bait during retrieve. And fighting a fish turns u also. But these things are little things u need to adjust for. It's definitely a game changer and u cover so much more water 

On 12/25/2023 at 4:45 PM, SumoNinja said:

Thanks man. I've already noticed a few things I gotta get used to. I don't plan to motorize it so staying still will be a struggle in wind and chop. Also any bait with a big lip tends to wanna pull the rod tip toward the bait which I don't like pointing my rod at the bait during retrieve. And fighting a fish turns u also. But these things are little things u need to adjust for. It's definitely a game changer and u cover so much more water 

These are the main issues I didn’t account for myself. I mostly fish lipless or slower moving wake baits from the yak now unless I can an anchor up and fan cast an area to crank some higher resistance baits around, thought I’d get into deep cranking but haven’t really figured out a good way to hold position in deeper water. Good luck out there!

3 hours ago, brootalititties said:

These are the main issues I didn’t account for myself. I mostly fish lipless or slower moving wake baits from the yak now unless I can an anchor up and fan cast an area to crank some higher resistance baits around, thought I’d get into deep cranking but haven’t really figured out a good way to hold position in deeper water. Good luck out there!

I got bit actually trolling my tk with the wide lip. Also next time I'm probably gonna try slowly pedaling backwards while cranking a diving swimbait and just face the bait with the rod tip slightly upwards. Gonna be a bit of a learning curve for sure