Hangover

TommyGun316

Bought the slow sink a few weeks back, and it rolls like no other,  unless I burn it. Otherwise, it will not run true. 

I added a belly weight and that seemed to help a little, but this thing is not running the way it should.

Anybody else try one? Or know how to fix it? Thanks. 

2 hours ago, azfisher said:

Some underwater swim footage... Hard pass for me

wow thats bad, ive seen a lot of guys posting clips on IG and all similiar actions, plus that hook hes using seems excessive for a bait that size. But i havent seen one run good straight out of the package without boiling the tails 

On 1/17/2024 at 4:15 PM, SumoNinja said:

I believe I watched a video on it. He said it won't swim right at slow speeds. It's meant to be fished faster. 

Funny you say that I remember when I got ky first thumper tail and tried to slow roll it, looked awful. Was only good at high speeds 

no one said that or I missed it 

so that makes sense

7 hours ago, chefchris said:

Funny you say that I remember when I got ky first thumper tail and tried to slow roll it, looked awful. Was only good at high speeds 

no one said that or I missed it 

so that makes sense

maybe thats why I thought my thumper tail was defective I quit fishing  it LOL  maybe I will try burning it glad I read this

I bought one in the fast sink bc I love the rising son and the thought of a similarly priced bait that I could fish deeper out of the box was enticing. They’re certainly a lot worse than a rising son but not as bad as people are saying. If you want a fast sinking line through it’s not terrible I’ve caught a few small fish on it but I don’t think I’ll be buying another unless I start catching bigger fish on it. If you’re fishing less than 15ft of water stick to a 3:16 line through or a magdraft 

Fast sink sort of swam…rolled at slower speeds and at times without the tail even kicking…decent swim on a med/fast pace but almost impossible to keep a consistent good looking swim.

Paint job looks pretty darn good but we will have to see durability if we can get bit

I was also expecting a unique profile but is very close to a RS 

I’ll boil the tails and test further but over all very disappointed