Northern IL PB on a "Gantarel"...

168 Rookie

Rough weather in northern IL today but I've been on this 3-day weather pattern the last couple weeks (fishing the 3rd day of warm day/warmish night trend) and today is the target day. I decided to send this Gantarel KO (it's a super-slow sink, not a floater) and got lucky with my new PB! Went 20.75" and 5.77lbs. Water's less than 2ft visibility, off-and-on drizzle with 10-20mph NNE winds. I was using a moderate retrieve with pauses every three handle turns or so (reel, reel, reel, pause...let it glide off to the side and stall a couple seconds, then reel, reel...) She hit it right when I started reeling after a pause. She didn't TANK it, but it was a good double-tap.

Thanks for reading! God is great!!!

Screenshot_20240314_160550_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20240314_160902_Video Player.jpg

Edited by 168 Rookie

Hell yea brother. Them Gantarel’s are so underrated  these days due to all the other available options anglers have in swimbaits these days.
Congratulations on the PB.
Great summary of events too. 

On 3/14/2024 at 6:02 PM, Mossyback Angler said:

Hell yea brother. Them Gantarel’s are so underrated  these days due to all the other available options anglers have in swimbaits these days.
Congratulations on the PB.
Great summary of events too. 

Thanks! Not gonna lie, I've underrated it myself; I've had it for a couple seasons and only thrown it a handful of times. That's gonna change this season for sure.