A double digit bass…

bigbass45

The stoke was real 4/2/24. I had went to the lake hoping for my third fish over seven pounds this year. My goal has always been to break PB’s but the last three years I have been trying to catch three bass over 7#’s in a season.  My last trip, in two days I had broke three PB’s.  I caught a 7.8 the first day and a 7.9 the second, beating my best largemouth twice. I also got my best bag ever of 30.25 pounds on the second day.

I returned a week later and the prize was in my sights.  I had high hopes this week but we all know how that can work out. Today however was my day. Half a dozen casts in I had my third 7, a nice chunky 7.25, making the goal I had set. I was very happy. I took a quick break. Realizing all that was left for me was another PB or maybe that DD.  I didn’t care, I was enjoying the moment. I got back to fishing because that’s what I love to do.

1 hour later……11# 8oz. Elusive beast

81608CF9-0B97-43E8-BE1B-33722EDEE05F.thumb.jpeg.93b3dc003d3394f2ae314fb569f633c7.jpeg8489DC73-843D-4FD3-BE56-F1922A64FE7C.thumb.jpeg.79644e898632bc98ccaf5795f90281ed.jpeg

Thanks to all of you who inspired me to grind for these fish.  I have learned so much. Set your own goals and pursue them. I’m setting new goals as we speak and look forward to hearing about all your catches/ and upcoming adventures. As Michael used to say “Go out and fish”.

All fish caught on Dobyns Champion 795, Calcutta conquest 201dc, 60# max quatro to 20# sunline fc100.

Ps. Thank you Grow Design Works