Hinkle vs. ABT

thedonnguyen

Glad I never bought or will buy ABT lures.

I already hate they made their knock-off Lunker Punker, and now this.

In ABT's defense, one could say a Punker was a rip off of a spook or a jackpot.

That said this glide bait is shameful if it truly was molded from the Hinkle

Glad I never bought or will buy ABT lures.

I already hate they made their knock-off Lunker Punker, and now this.

In ABT's defense, one could say a Punker was a rip off of a spook or a jackpot.

That said this glide bait is shameful if it truly was molded from the Hinkle

I do see that the Punker could be a rip-off of an original "walk-the-dog" style bait, but the spook and jackpot are both really shaped like cigars or cylindrical, where as the Punker has the "belly" on it or oblong shape, which I believe helps it "swim" a little better when you walk it.

The ABT Dirty Jackass is obviously taking the shape of the Punker which is why I don't like it. At least there "DD2" is original, at least from what I know.

When your dealing with a one man show I cant understand how guys get all turnt up over a wait list being long. Its just how it goes. How hard can a guy work. Full time job, Life, Fishing and making baits. If the demand is great you either have to sell out and have them massed produced, which wont be like the original or quite the day job to make baits and if you have a good day job and like money, isnt really an option. I feel like we are all pretty lucky to even get a shot at a bait like a hinkle. There are so many amazing baits guys craft up that smoke fish that we will never even have a chace to see unless someone blows it up. Most bait makers IMO start selling baits because peopl request it. I never pushed a bait of mine, but after a while people started asking for them. Then when you do offer what you can make to the public someones not gonna be happy because they cant get one or they are over priced or you wont paint the color they want. Its a cant win, catch 22 for guys who are in it to make a quality bait all by hand. I understand frustration but it is what it is.

ABT is trying to swoop in and corner a small market with a bootleg. And then claim they have the best glide on the market.... uhhhh I think the 250 has proven its definitely the best producing glide on or off the market, not to mention teeners caught on hinkles and mothers. Just insane how shameless one guy can be

When your dealing with a one man show I cant understand how guys get all turnt up over a wait list being long. Its just how it goes. How hard can a guy work. Full time job, Life, Fishing and making baits. If the demand is great you either have to sell out and have them massed produced, which wont be like the original or quite the day job to make baits and if you have a good day job and like money, isnt really an option. I feel like we are all pretty lucky to even get a shot at a bait like a hinkle. There are so many amazing baits guys craft up that smoke fish that we will never even have a chace to see unless someone blows it up. Most bait makers IMO start selling baits because peopl request it. I never pushed a bait of mine, but after a while people started asking for them. Then when you do offer what you can make to the public someones not gonna be happy because they cant get one or they are over priced or you wont paint the color they want. Its a cant win, catch 22 for guys who are in it to make a quality bait all by hand. I understand frustration but it is what it is.

ABT is trying to swoop in and corner a small market with a bootleg. And then claim they have the best glide on the market.... uhhhh I think the 250 has proven its definitely the best producing glide on or off the market, not to mention teeners caught on hinkles and mothers. Just insane how shameless one guy can be

From a bait maker who is a 1 man show. Telling the truth about truths

I agree with you. I appreciate hand made baits from one-man shows such as yourself. In fact, your wake bait is my favorite wake I own. But not replying to emails is not cool in any type of business. Being on a waiting list I understand too, even two years. What is frustrating is seeing people "in the know" getting baits before those who have been waiting a long time.

And please, someone tell me the last time any bait maker had a new innovation with a swimbait?

I agree with you. I appreciate hand made baits from one-man shows such as yourself. In fact, your wake bait is my favorite wake I own. But not replying to emails is not cool in any type of business. Being on a waiting list I understand too, even two years. What is frustrating is seeing people "in the know" getting baits before those who have been waiting a long time.

And please, someone tell me the last time any bait maker had a new innovation with a swimbait?

I think the fins on the new MCL wake are innovative as heck.

this is part of their supposed mold

[attachment=1]10600435_10204900000206396_6016987852920625500_n.jpg[/attachment]

someone pointed out the seam and the major difference in the scaling

[attachment=0]10360694_10202547581758790_1080752778680402964_n.jpg[/attachment]

Pretty easy to see where they added the extra inch to the bait. Looks like a 3rd grader carved the additional length they added to the Hinkle.