Deps Quality Control

llPa1nll

Well I just ordered and received my first Deps 175 slide swimmer. It is the greenish herring color. Well I opened it up and was kind of surprised to see a pretty bad paint job on a lure I just paid $100 for. All I can say is that it looks like it was hit with 2 sprays of white paint on the black back.

I went to see if it is supposed to come that way and couldn't find any pictures showing the back in detail.

Now I know that I should be glad just to get my hands on one. However would you guys look into trying to return/replace, I just know that they don't have any in stock. I am looking for opinions on what you guys would do.

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff435/eg99designer/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-10-04231911_zps2b3d54a7.jpg

Looks normal to me? Its the ketabass color in a ghost pattern so you can see through it kind of. I have pics of my classic 250 ss ketabass I'll throw up, its not ghost pattern though but the coloration is the same.

post-4503-14253005547015_thumb.jpg

Heres a stock pic of the new 175

http://www.turners.com/prodimages/9369-DEFAULT-L.jpg

(hate to use it, but it was the only enlarged pic I could find of the 2014 175's)

post-4503-14253005550148_thumb.jpg

I have one that I ordered for a buddy same color as yours with the two white spots on the back. He didn't like it either so I told him I would just sell it or keep it myself. I wouldn't worry about it myself because I doubt it matters on top and it helps see the bait . I don't like orange and red on the bottom of my baits or those little words and signatures people put on them. I can justify that because it's on the bottom where the fish can see it. :lol:

Looks normal to me? Its the ketabass color in a ghost pattern so you can see through it kind of. I have pics of my classic 250 ss ketabass I'll throw up, its not ghost pattern though but the coloration is the same.

[attachment=0]20141004_204613.jpg[/attachment] [attachment=1]20141004_204605.jpg[/attachment]

Heres a stock pic of the new 175

http://www.turners.com/prodimages/9369-DEFAULT-L.jpg

(hate to use it, but it was the only enlarged pic I could find of the 2014 175's)

Yep it's a Keta. Hit a fish on mine 1st time out on video :mrgreen: looks fine to me . ;) oh yea that's the 250 og I have

OK, I guess it is how it should be. I opened the package and I was like what is the deal with the white. Thanks for the replies and letting me know that it is normal. Like I said first time I had one in my hands. Just call me "Norman the New Guy".