Next World Record

SacrificeFishing

There is  a huge difference between "world record/trophy fishermen" and "swim bait fishermen"  A guy chasing the world record will do what it takes and is not fixed on a specific style or bait.  His goal is to catch the record.

"Swimbait fishermen"  are more about the style/type of bait and very limited and thus are not really in the same category as a guy fishing for the world record.

This is the reason,  I have never really considered myself a "swim baiter" but rather a "big baiter"

As for the record,  even if the fish exists in a body of water, catching it is a whole other story.  The fish could pass its peak and decline in size or even die before it is caught at it's record size.

The record could  be caught 10-20 years from now in a lake or region that is just starting to have the right factors to create such a fish.  

On a serious note, I have to agree fishing is fishing it takes time, sacrifice and perserverance which equates to "Passion" this is the reason for all of our MADNESS. But a "vice" or a tradition/ good times passed down from one generation to another.  Regardless you can't take away all the above from the fisherman that put those traits before he tied on an artificial or hooked a live bait.  At the end of the day its all about being on the water or beating the banks in search of what first got us hooked.  Have a great time catching your GIANT :mrgreen:

was just giving my opinion (which dont really mean much) opinion's are like butt holes everyone has one. Im just a stright shooter and call it how I see it .back on topic 24lbs Lake Biwa on helicopter lure custom color pink😉

Not really about the next WR, but since it kinda fits...

I remember reading through different articles years ago about Mr. Perry's WR bass. Still bugs me to this day. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no concrete evidence that he even caught a WR LGB. There's a story of Perry catching a bass (maybe even a striper), having it measured at a grocery store, and weighed at a PO. Then it was eaten. There's no real photos of the fish and the original Field and Stream records were supposedly lost. The only photos of "the fish" are of some guy (not Perry) holding a big fish. The other looks like a #photochop

But I think the next WR will be coming from Biwa on live bait.

Edited by mcm83

I cant think of a single big named big bass guy who hasn't caught big bass on live bait. Dads, shiners and crawlers and the rumored live trout. Manabu was hunting that fish, it wasn't luck and he isn't a rookie. He used what he needed to, to catch the WR. A lot of guys think less of live bait caught fish and or bed fish. It wasn't that long ago that all big fish were kept. I wonder what will be looked down upon 20 years from now?

I would like to see the next WR come from the US but I think Japan has a better chance unless somebody here grows it, then it will be a big mess.

I had a big post typed up last night to address Manabu being a bucket fisherman and I hit the back button on accident ugh.. 

Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion and given the lengths some people take in the fishing industry I can see why some might be skeptical. That being said Manabu was more open and honest about his methods than I think most would be. Thousands of dollars in Ayu dumped at a certain location to condition big fish? Imo that takes quite a bit more determination than sitting at the ramp when the trout truck shows up, fishing off limit areas, after hours, bedfishing etc etc.... As Nufo pointed out he's a bonafide trophy hunter not a swim bait fisherman. If you do a little searching around there are numerous pics of him catching big Mother fish, big worm fish, spinnerbait fish etc..  

After interviewing him he asked if I wanted to buy his fish or knew anyone. When I asked why he'd sell a fish like that he said "I know there are bigger fish out there." Crazy to think someone could do that. 

Keep in mind that in 1932 a world record bass was nowhere near the news it is today. This is the photo that is attributed to be George Perry's record. No doubt that is a toad largemouth.

post-21326-0-26435900-1428165986_thumb.jpg

I cant think of a single big named big bass guy who hasn't caught big bass on live bait. Dads, shiners and crawlers and the rumored live trout. Manabu was hunting that fish, it wasn't luck and he isn't a rookie. He used what he needed to, to catch the WR. A lot of guys think less of live bait caught fish and or bed fish. It wasn't that long ago that all big fish were kept. I wonder what will be looked down upon 20 years from now?

I would like to see the next WR come from the US but I think Japan has a better chance unless somebody here grows it, then it will be a big mess.

very true matt and i feel the same , guess i should of thought about it before I said anything hey I can admit I was wrong no biggie .ðŸ‘Thats the best part to SU it opens your mind to learn , Theres alot of great talent here I learn every time I log in . SU allows me not to be closed minded which aloows me to be a better fishermen and person .

Thx SU (all members)ðŸ‘

Edited by JeremyW

very true matt and i feel the same , guess i should of thought about it before I said anything hey I can admit I was wrong no biggie .Thats the best part to SU it opens your mind to learn , Theres alot of great talent here I learn every time I log in . SU allows me not to be closed minded which aloows me to be a better fishermen and person .

TDhx SU (all members)

Jeremy don't get me wrong as I totally see your point. There are plenty of times where a guy fishing live bait lucks into a fish just because he is using live bait and its not a huge accomplishment. All I am saying is that Manabu's WR was not lucked into at all and he deserves the credit. Edited by Mattlures