Hard Bait question.

Bonesaw

Ok here's the deal. I want to buy a bunch of nice hard baits. Only problem is I'm married. So, I think I can sweet talk one nice lure outta my wife. I live near fayetteville, nc and fish alot of the small ponds around FT Bragg. So far my arsenal consists of one worn out(in a good way) MS slammer, a couple hudds, and lunker punker. I like fishing bigger baits(8"+) and floaters because they are almost impossible for me to lose but I could use a SS bait. So I have had my eyes on these baits. BAA, 8 and 10" freestyles, 10 inch triple trout, or other similar baits.

So if you were limited to one top shelf hard bait what would it be. Thanks for any feedback.

PS: I know I should probably buy a pair of pants instead of a nice lure. LOL

Well, If I had to pick only one I'd probably go with a wake jr. BUT since you already have a slammer I'd go with a SS 8" freestyle. That will allow you to cover a wide range of depths and retrieves with one bait.

For me however, I'd say it'd probably be easier to just get a divorce than to choose just one hardbait :lol:

Thanks for the feedback! I should convince my wife that a divorce wouldn't be cheaper than buying a bunch of baits haha! Anyways, whats the deal with the 10" freestyle? Is that considered a "huge" bait? It looks much larger than the 8" version.

The 10" freestyle is a large bait. If you are just getting into the game I doubt that your current tackle ciuld handle it. It weighs >8 ozs. And is obviously 10" long with a wide body. Check out the thread labeled "soon" there is a new 10" bait coming out that is lighter and thinner.

If you really like fishing the bigger stuff I would say a BA. Get the "regular" model since its the most versatile out of the bunch. It floats and you can twitch/deadstick/wake/crank it.

If not the BA, I def agree on adding the Wake Jr.

The cool thing is if it doesn't work out for you, you can sell it and try something else ;)

Easy... 10 inch triple trout. Readily available and a fish catching machine.

Gonna have to agree in this case. It would be the best value for you, you wouldn't have to worry about beating the hell out of it and you could probably buy an 8" as well for the same price as a 3:16. I love all my 3:16s but in your case I think a couple TTs would be a good choice.

Easy... 10 inch triple trout. Readily available and a fish catching machine.

I never got bit on them. When others hit a bunch of fish on a bait and I can't buy a hit on one it drives me NUTS! So I had to drop that bait :lol: Sure makes me feel like I did something wrong :?

Ha, I know the feeling. That's me w/ the baby wake.