DD Massachusetts PB

Scottieb

12/24/15 Massachusetts PB 10.1

Air temp: 62* - Winds SW 10/15 - Heavy overcast - Water temp 48* Moon 99% full. Glide bait

post-19290-0-14144900-1451190088_thumb.png

Let me start off by thanking a couple members and great North East fisherman that I've learned some good tips from just watching and listening to what they had to say. ( Dsouth & Capesmallie) Thank you.

So, I've been chasing this bass I spotted twice follow my glide bait to the boat back in April /May which had simular water Temps . Had a feeling she would be in this same area.

I trolled over to the area in low to try to be as stealthy as possible I let the wind push me the last 100 or so feet then dropped anchor. Fan casted the area for 15- 20 minutes mixing up the retrieve and depth of the bait. Ended up making a long cast toward the wind blown shoreline, casting with the wind so it took the bait a good distance. Stared a slow and steady retrieve, I got 5-6 full cranks and the bait gets lit up , set the hook, rod doubles over... hart stops and I think to myself...THERE SHE IS!!!!.

She's a good distance out and all I kept saying was please stay on, please stay on... Finally get her 10' from the back of the boat and she swims right at me putting slack in the line. I couldn't reel fast enough. I thought I lost her. Quickly get the slack back and she's still on... grab the net, scooped her in and the rest is history. Great ending to a great 2015 season. Looking forward to 2016. HAPPY NEW YEARS SU.