DD Massachusetts PB

Scottieb

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

All I can say is WOW!  

I just started throwing the big baits this year and that fish has got me fired up!  I fish that same body of water, never seen/heard of anything bigger than 6 coming out of there...again wow!

Nice Work!

and it's my first post

All I can say is WOW!  

I just started throwing the big baits this year and that fish has got me fired up!  I fish that same body of water, never seen/heard of anything bigger than 6 coming out of there...again wow!

Nice Work!

and it's my first post

I suspect that Scottie may have altered the background to protect the actual spot. The fish was caught in December and yet the background trees still have green leaves. Hey, most of us would do the same thing to keep our spots from being burnt. If I manage a DD from Mass I'm going to have Mount Everest in the photo background.

By the way, I think I know where that (phony) background ramp is. It may only produce 6 pounders now, but 30ish years ago Greg Toney pulled a 5 fish limit that was over 39 pounds from that lake in a club tournament. Weighed on a certified scale with lots of witnesses.

There are more DDs swimming around Mass waters than you may think. Most manage to stay out of our nets. Knowledge of bass behavior is a lot more important than knowing exactly where Scottie caught his fish. Good luck with the big baits- its your best chance to get your own DD.

I suspect that Scottie may have altered the background to protect the actual spot. The fish was caught in December and yet the background trees still have green leaves. Hey, most of us would do the same thing to keep our spots from being burnt. If I manage a DD from Mass I'm going to have Mount Everest in the photo background.

By the way, I think I know where that (phony) background ramp is. It may only produce 6 pounders now, but 30ish years ago Greg Toney pulled a 5 fish limit that was over 39 pounds from that lake in a club tournament. Weighed on a certified scale with lots of witnesses.

There are more DDs swimming around Mass waters than you may think. Most manage to stay out of our nets. Knowledge of bass behavior is a lot more important than knowing exactly where Scottie caught his fish. Good luck with the big baits- its your best chance to get your own DD.

Looking closer you are right, that is not the real background. 

Not looking for anyone's spots I was just excited to see a DD in front a body of water I fish regularly.

I think most people would agree finding your own spots is one of the most fun and rewarding aspects of fishing.

Heading out this afternoon for a couple hours maybe I'll have some pics to post tonight!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I know this is an older post but I just cant help but saying congrats man. As many have mentioned that is a fish of a lifetime! Being from the northeast myself it is great seeing a DD fish caught. Cheers and here's hoping you stick her older sister.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn, man, that's bad ass. Christmas Eve in New England?!?! That's what's up. I've been trying to catch a 10 in New England for years, and haven't pulled it off yet. That is a true feat there, bud, congrats!