Hey folks, what's the deal?

fishaholic211

There are a few baits that seem to work for others (other brands) and I never did any good with them. I have not done much night fishing with swimbaits but for the time I have the Freestyle has my biggest. Mickeys baits fill the areas I need just fine. I still have some I havent tried. I find myself not having room for others. there are days all I caught fish on were 3:16 lures. Im not saying this because I like the man. Im saying it because I like the baits. Some have never caught a fish on a hudd. even people that live around here. That doesnt mean its not a good bait ya know? If you havent learned by now that Mickey will joke like any other but he is a no BS kinda guy, then you will find out if you toss BS at him HAHA. You keep being you Brother man, One should always be who they are. man I hate doing this on a phone lol

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont get me wrong, i love 316 baits. but in general, why are some people so worried about what other people catch fish on? What works for one might not work for the other.

I know bait makers wish everyone caught fish on their baits, but some dont know how to use them right. Thats why there are so many reputable bait makers(3:16,Huddleston,Black Dog,Rago,TripleTrout, etc.) so the fisherman, (or haters :lol: ) can have a choice.

My .02¢

I don't understand why this man and his company and the people who use his products are force to defend all three to haters and newbee ish heads time and time again...man if I'm tired of it the rest of y'all gotta be.

I don't understand why this man and his company and the people who use his products are force to defend all three to haters and newbee ish heads time and time again...man if I'm tired of it the rest of y'all gotta be.

It must be the price you have to pay to be good :lol:

Build quality and customer service are great, but since the fish don't care they don't factor much into my swimbait purchases. Maybe I'm alone on that one.

Everyone has a different opinion about what makes a good or a bad swimbait. There's no right answer of course, other than whatever makes the buyer happy when they're out on the water. But my original point was that the comments in this thread are simply re-enforcing the image some people have that 316 baits are popular for reasons that don't involve fish.

Also. I've fished Don's water. It ain't "easy" anymore :(

I think one area that Mickey has pushed past the point anyone else has is with his urethane hard baits. A lot of guys build that way now but Mickey seems to understand how to utilize all the benefits at a level thats never really been seen. I honestly think he kind of picked up where Ken left off with the old Castaic trouts. Truth be told, I think anyone who loves swimbaits can appreciate the signature aesthetics of Mickeys baits with the full fin sets, hidden joints, scales, and recessed downturned eyes. Add some nice paint and they are truly works of art. This level of artistry is the icing on the cake that definitely helps sell baits. Thats can be a double edge sword. Its kind of the pretty girl with no substance analogy. They try to attack from that angle and come up short. Then they try to compete with the aesthetics and no dice. Mickey makes the finest urethane hard baits in the world right now...thats the bottom line.

One other thing to note is the diversity of his product line is very wide and constantly evolving. I personally have a love affair with wood baits but I can still see what Mickey has accomplished. Lastly, I think what pisses a lot of folks off is jealousy-they don't like the fact that he's able to build baits on his terms at his pace. There's a lesson there to be learned. Most guys develop something that gets bit and there it goes to China in some factory while they sit back and watch the money roll in. And the quality go down Its a rare breed that do what Mickey does...sort of an American outlaw....the Howard Stern of baitmaking....he's created his own phenomenon in a sense and good for him. At the end of the day its a valuable resource and source of controvesy. Keeps the blood pumping and thats good for our industry.

JK

Also. I've fished Don's water. It ain't "easy" anymore. you aint kidding. But not but have been plenty happy so far.

You're really loving typing on that phone, right? :lol:

Just messin' man.

I thought this biatch was locked up last night? Somebody must have found a key or some ish. :lol:

Also. I've fished Don's water. It ain't "easy" anymore. you aint kidding. But not but have been plenty happy so far.

You're really loving typing on that phone, right? :lol:

Just messin' man.

I thought this biatch was locked up last night? Somebody must have found a key or some ish. :lol:

YES hate it lmao! . im waiting at the airport for my wife.. my fat thumbs just dont do well with touch phones lol

Build quality and customer service are great, but since the fish don't care they don't factor much into my swimbait purchases. Maybe I'm alone on that one.

Everyone has a different opinion about what makes a good or a bad swimbait. There's no right answer of course, other than whatever makes the buyer happy when they're out on the water. But my original point was that the comments in this thread are simply re-enforcing the image some people have that 316 baits are popular for reasons that don't involve fish.

Also. I've fished Don's water. It ain't "easy" anymore :(

And who REALLY cares what image some people have that 3:16 baits are popular for reasons that don't involve fish??? That is truely a hater comment. It is %$#@en made in america by Americans bait and company. Don't the wine bag cry baby's have anything else to snivel about? Your gonna split hairs over who fishes the baits vs who collects the baits? You should be ashamed of your self ! It's not hard enough to make a living in times like these as a swimbait company? Who's side are you on dude? Amazing!

To the point. I can respect that. I should have known better than to contribute to a thread such as this.

This is my grandson with a 8.5 lb LM he caught this spring on a Hudd. He wanted a FS Shad to fish with and we tried everytime they were released to get one and were unable to do so. He is sick and probably will not be able to fish this spring if he is still with me. You guys need to get a life and quit worrying about which bait is best and just enjoy be able to go fishing. Can not get photo to load says to big. But really just be glad you can go fishing.