Swimbait rods

Ryan T

http://swimbaitunderground.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13248-beginnersnoobs-read-me-first/

There's been some new additions in the affordable rod area but this is a good start

I think irod and Daiwa DX would also fall into the affordable category

I picked up the Cousins Raze swimbait rod from tacklewarehouse and it feels really nice so far and relatively cheap. Haven't seen too many people mention anything on these rods but I figured I'd try one.

For affordable rods, I've been very pleased with the Daiwa DX. For your ratings, I'd go with the H. Perfect for that 3-5ozs range, but can comfortably handle as light as 2oz and heavy as 6.

If you are willing to invest in an all around great rod to handle pretty much anything from 1-8oz baits, I'd put the money in for a MOAM Psycho rod. That thing is ridiculously versatile. I've thrown 3:16 Little Boogers all the way up to the 10" Wake Bait with no issues.

http://swimbaitunderground.com/forums/index.php?/topic/13248-beginnersnoobs-read-me-first/

There's been some new additions in the affordable rod area but this is a good start

I think irod and Daiwa DX would also fall into the affordable category

Try out the Okuma Guide Select "a" XH or H.

H goes 1-6oz and XH goes 2-10oz and all models are a fairly priced $125

I own both and love them both!