Phoney Frog USA glide shad

Magic Man CP

Thanks for the heads up Jason,, I too was also contacted shortly after reading your post, he also confirmed my xss should be arriving in the next week or so. Meanwhile I've been experimenting with speeding up the sink rate on my ss, I fish mostly in the CA Delta, which had a lot of current in some parts throughout the day. I've been having good luck getting it down a lil quicker

How do you weight your slow sinks? Does it then become the equivalent to a fast sink?

I always run my glides with a snap. I feel like I get a better action, as the snap acts like a joint itself. Uness you are familiar with drilling and adding weight, I can't say I recommend re-weighting one.

Bit if so, what I like to do, to add a lil extra weight without too much work. Get a bucket of water, at least 18" of water for testing. Add small increments of lead to the belly of the bait with tape or rubber bands. Adjust sink rate and balance points before you start drilling! Secure with epoxy, finish with bondo/filler, and paint to seal.

Good luck

i like to bring my drill and lead to the water with me and test the baits while tied on and see what every little adjustment does. throw it all in a duffle bag. you can use epoxy putty that is cured white in less than an hour too. 

On the water definitely helps,, any adjustments or addition can greatly effect the glide. I'm a tinkerer, always looking for that next edge. Fishing the delta is like nowhere else in my opinion, most of the glides out there swim a lot different once you involve some current and back wind. I'm very satisfied with the results, however, I'd didn't weigh the bait before and after to see how much lead I ended up adding, so duplicating or passing that info along is gonna be a bit tough...

Yea my buddy Tom English (SU member) got 4 Phoneys last week.He was kind enough to send me one at cost ( the golden shiner ) as I patiently wait for mine.I ordered at the end of April but as you can see they're coming....

image.jpeg

Well tho I am a huge proponent of the bait..and that shiner looks good..I'm a lil bummed to see other colors before the original orders are filled..that being said I already own some and am not our money like I am on a few other orders that are also behind on there fulfilment date..I guess at some point we need to just realize that the nature of the beast is just wait and wait

Yea my buddy Tom English (SU member) got 4 Phoneys last week.He was kind enough to send me one at cost ( the golden shiner ) as I patiently wait for mine.I ordered at the end of April but as you can see they're coming....

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

looks like he changed the pattern a little bit on the shiner, thought the old one was great but this looks even better. glad i ordered this color 

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Pretty sure the two colors in this picture are the original colors - purple/silver and gold/silver. The golden shiner has orange fins and more yellow along the body.