Phoney Frog USA glide shad

Magic Man CP

After he said he would email me the following night to let me know if my baits were in the current batch he had (which he was pretty sure they were) he never emailed me back...I have emailed him twice since then and no response...He has generally been good at responding to me but not now...I was hoping that mine were in the batch he was shipping last week but obviously they we're not...

I ordered mine at the end of April.So that's almost 5 months? Not too bad of a situation considering the fact that other folks have had to pre-pay for other swimbaits and wait upwards of 12 months without their emails being replied to as well.Very subjective discussion!

If its on the 5 month time table, i should get mine in January just in time to cast it on top of some 2 foot thick ice. Im not particularly worried about getting the bait anyways, i just wish that he would quote the times a little bit more realistically.

Edited by swimbaitman

If its on the 5 month time table, i should get mine in January just in time to cast it on top of some 2 foot thick ice. Im not particularly worried about getting the bait anyways, i just wish that he would quote the times a little bit more realistically.

I think part of the issue on this particular bait is the maker wasn't really sure what kind of time frame to give.  He had a set back on one of the early shipments of baits and the popularity (want) grew very quickly just in the past 4-6 months.

Needless to say, I'm going to chalk it up as he is overwhelmed (in over his head) with it now but evidently still keeping to all orders which I respect.  I ordered mine 4 weeks ago, but I don't plan to see it until early spring I bet.  He gave me an 8 week lead time.

It sounds like to me that he needs more help on the communication end than anything.  As a former business owner/ current President of the company I run, I can tell you that giving people updates or at least status updates tempers the fires greatly.  It may not always put the fire out but it definitely keeps in under control.   Hearing all of these reports of not answering it a bit troubling but as others stated, no money up front so no one is losing besides him if he makes 500 baits he can't later sell......doubtful.

Bait making is something i'd like to pursue so I certainly appreciate the craftsmanship, time and dedication to it.  If I ever evolved a bait to a hot item, i'd be sure I can produce what I can as promised before taking more orders than I can.

That is my positive outlook to the situation.........there's always the I don't give a #$@% attitude but I don't know him personally so I can't even begin to say that is the case.    

Very true JC, I feel bad posting that I got mine, and they've been nothing short of awesome,, but the fact is I ordered without a pre-payment and didn't have to "wonder" when or if I was even going to get them. He's been in great communication with me on my XSS I have on the list, so not sure why these other members are having a different experience. I even brought that this attn last time we spoke, he said he's been doing his best to keep everyone informed, but he's swamped with hundreds of orders. I'm not worried about it, still way faster and secure than other experiences I've had with similar bait companies. My best advice to some of these guys, keep holding on, exercise some patience, and your baits will get to you. Ifnot,, then cut your losses, go take your business to one of the other film flam pay upfront guys,, and wait even longer. The phoney is the best thing going, worth the wait, I promise that

I'm not saying his communication is bad, it had been quite good with me actually... However with that being said he has yet to respond to my (2) latest emails asking if my baits were done which he told me he thought they were and he would email me the following day...That was September 5th...Still waiting for a response...I think I'll send a 3rd email and see what happens...

Edited by YELOSUB

Shot Jason a note today to get an update on my order from April 18 and he responded about 30 mins later. He said he just sent out the first week of April orders and said I should be part of the next batch. He said that he has not forgot about me and that he has been trying to find help to make baits but he has not been able to find anyone so far to help him catch up.

So hopefully those of us in mid to lat April who ordered will see baits in the next few weeks.

Edited by Mulder

Thanks for the heads up Jason,, I too was also contacted shortly after reading your post, he also confirmed my xss should be arriving in the next week or so. Meanwhile I've been experimenting with speeding up the sink rate on my ss, I fish mostly in the CA Delta, which had a lot of current in some parts throughout the day. I've been having good luck getting it down a lil quicker