How to get my borrowed baits back

bigpoppabass

Folks, need some help getting loaned baits back from an Su member. I sent him some musky baits for use during the summer after he hit me up after a post about em as bass baits last spring. The agreement was after summer was over he would send em back or buy em. Since the fall guy responded to several pms saying he would send back, wanted to buy one (he never sent money), inquired about price of another in response to another pm. I told him no more negotiations just send back. Two weeks ago he said my baits would be returned in two weeks and that has passed. I pmed him yesterday with no response. What to do?

Not much you can do the way I see it. You got burned for being a nice guy. If you have his address or phone i suppose you can tell him youre going to the police with printouts of your conversation but even at that, I doubt they will do anything.

You could blast his ass here so everyone knows to steer clear.

Tell him he's got 7 days to get the baits back to you.  And if he doesn't do that, you will blast his name on every fishing forum/ social media site you can, so everyone will know what a dirtbag he is.  And follow through with that if you don't get the baits.  Most of the guys on SU are great; sorry you had to come across one of the few rotten apples.

Tx folks will keep u posted. I am a grump this week after the change stealer returned to our hood after a two year hiatus and got $30 and all our spare change from our cars. Yes, we still keep our cars unlocked out here.

Edited by bigpoppabass

Tx folks will keep u posted. I am a grump this week after the change stealer returned to our hood after a two year hiatus and got $30 and all our spare change from our cars. Yes, we still keep our cars unlocked out here.

It doesn't get much worse than a thief. It does, but not much. Sorry for your troubles. It ain't right.

I'm sounding off to announce this bums entire personal information, name, number, full mailing address. Everything you got. If it's just a username provided then he'll create a new username, it changes nothing. Do not feel shame, you deserve none, and could serve as savior to certain future victims. You have to fight dirty to win a dirty fight. Do it.

Your baits are gone. Going to police won't do anything other than waste your time. You sent him those baits of your own accord. You assumed the risk. Allow me to share a brief story; my mom years back lent her vehicle to an individual she was trying to help. He was to eventually buy it, she trusted him, as they had a working relationship over some period of time. Police could do nothing because it was not stolen. She gave him the keys and there was nothing they could do about it. She also had to continue paying registration and insurance or pay fines associated while assuming liability in event of an accident. Yeah, if you can believe that... Roughly two and a half years this went on until the bum showed back up in town one day and a family friend noticed it. Lucky us she had an extra key...  we simply went and took it back.

Future reference to all would be do gooders out there: set your terms in writing. Digital is fine, just make it clear and concise. Want to let someone play with your baits? That's fine, but spell it out to exact compensation, due on exact date, in exact venue. Such as, back by xxx date, or $$$ on this date, or court in 'I got your azz county'. Failing that you have little to no legal recourse.

Also, I've noted this site is keen to helping hand, maybe spell out exactly which baits you had taken, I've got something with your name on it for you. It's not charity, it's right vs wrong. Best wishes.

Thats a bad week. Damn junkies stealing change out of cars. I'd go bang on the guy's door at like 7am on Sunday. Police will just tell you file in small claims court. Good luck with both those shitty situations.