Unicorns in disguise

mjw2121

given all this talk about the holy grails of swimbaits,I want to settle down and look at some baits that don't get enough attention.What would you say is the most under rated swimbait that you feel just flat out produces but for some reason gets no attention? For me it would definitely be a g2 shellcracker as ive had insane numbers days on that bait and I feel it gets outshined with the wooden crackers and lunker punkers.

P.S. I used the search bar and didn't find anything so don't hate me to much if this has been discussed! :mrgreen:

I don't know if this quite meets your criteria but I have 2.  I think of a unicorn being so rare that most wouldn't even have seen one.  Most baits don't fit that criteria.  I feel like you are asking what are great baits that don't get talked about enough.

1) Matt's hard gills are well loved but not considered unicorns because Matt tries to make enough.

2) Jackal Mickey's -  I catch so many fish and so many big fish on that bait.  It gets crushed no matter where I go.

Two (in my opinion) underrated baits are the 3;16 Minnow and El Raton 2pc.

These two baits have caught me the most fish last year, yet not much talk behind them.

I think the 3:16 Minnow is gaining a lot of popularity as a whole now.

The El Raton is a freakin killer bait but only me and a couple buddies that I know really post about them.

Two (in my opinion) underrated baits are the 3;16 Minnow and El Raton 2pc.

These two baits have caught me the most fish last year, yet not much talk behind them.

I think the 3:16 Minnow is gaining a lot of popularity as a whole now.

The El Raton is a freakin killer bait but only me and a couple buddies that I know really post about them.

Hey shhhh...those 2 baits are killer and a couple of my go to. I just got another raton from dean to replace one of mine that has just been beat to hell.