...A**holes.

Luke V.

Sorry for a rant guys... but I need to get this out.

I recently made a deal with a guy to trade a fs herring, we agreed on what we would be trading and that was that. I sent him in the ballpark of $120 in baits...he was SUPPOSED to send me a FS herring in blue back SS. I sent the baits ASAP and sent him the tracking literally minutes after I shipped. The first clue something was up was when he never gave me any kind of confirmation he sent anything(tracking or receipt number) I guess I just took his word on it. Me being my naive self I just let it go thinking "why would he rip off a 15 y/o kid?" Then he tells me the bait should arrive in two days, it didn't. I told him this and he "acted" surprised and angry at the post office, he said he was going to call them and ask what had happened to the package, I AGAIN asked him for the tracking #... nothing. He texts me back saying he has spoken to the post office and they confirmed the bait had been delivered, then he accused me of ripping HIM off by saying "I'm not stupid I wasn't born yesterday" inferring I had received the bait and was trying to make it seem like I hadn't. This angered me but I kept my cool, again asking for the tracking he replied " yea sure let me find it". I texted him 1 hour later asking if he had found it, no response, again the next day, no response. Finally I confronted him with this text "I have NOT got the bait. I really doubt you sent it. I never got a tracking # from you, I sent it literally minutes after I shipped. You NEVER proved to me you actually sent the bait. I constantly asked and you would either ignore it, or say OK and then not respond. I really hope I'm wrong about this and someone else messed up somewhere along the line. But, if you actually never sent the bait, that sucks, I am a 15 Y/O kid who works for his money. I kept up my end of the deal, I even added an extra bait to make the deal better. Don't you think if I was going to rip you off I would have just given you a fake tracking #? Now I'm short baits and have nothing from the deal. Please text me back and let me know what you think."

I NEVER heard back from him, and it really pisses me off. This is just kind of a warning to anyone who comes across Pat Connor...Do NOT deal with him. If he ripped me off, I highly doubt he would hesitate to rip anyone else off. Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it out.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That blows man, hope you get things resolved. Is he a member here? if so what's his screen name

Nope, I don't think he's a member, if he was I would have posted his username. I doubt anything will be resolved, he wont text me back and I can't call the post office without a tracking or receipt number.

Every story does have 2 sides but that stinks.

I welcome his side of the story, if he actually sent it, he would have sent the tracking don't ya think? Or responded to my last text? Oh well.

I do believe you are telling the truth it's just that on the Internet I tend to be suspicious of everything I read.

Every story does have 2 sides but that stinks.

I welcome his side of the story, if he actually sent it, he would have sent the tracking don't ya think? Or responded to my last text? Oh well.

I do believe you are telling the truth it's just that on the Internet I tend to be suspicious of everything I read.

It's understandable.

You're only as good as your word around here. Luckily I have never had a problem with anyone here on SU, but definitely use the feedback section. I pretty much deal mostly with people I know, but have made trades and had buyers buy baits from me I didn't know. Most everyone around here is honest, if you doubt someone here ask around. You'll usually get an honest answer. Sorry to hear your deal went sour. That sucks.