***3:16 Knockoff scam alert***

Rubberdaddy

The hypocrisy in this thread is amazing. So nobody here uses knocked off baits? Darn near every plastic bait has been knocked off, how many knocked off seiko's, sweet beavers and punch skirts are there on the market? but nobody uses anything but the originals. Big bait companies been doing it for years. Also I find it hard to believe that any time a new variation of a bait is made its patent protected. I totally agree that molding someone else bait and then selling it as an original is not cool but lets be real about this. Lets take the seiko for example, damn near everybody has a seiko bait not called a seiko. I remember a guy getting banned before I joined the site over an issue on types of hinges on swim baits and his opinion. Funny that bait maker is now using screw eyes for his glide baits after claiming he had a brilliant revelation off of a door hinge that was done decades before he ever started making baits. My point is most here who are ready to form a lynch mob have bought knock offs or are busy trying to tongue punch the bait making dirt star to gain favor.

The hypocrisy in this thread is amazing. So nobody here uses knocked off baits? Darn near every plastic bait has been knocked off, how many knocked off seiko's, sweet beavers and punch skirts are there on the market? but nobody uses anything but the originals. Big bait companies been doing it for years. Also I find it hard to believe that any time a new variation of a bait is made its patent protected. I totally agree that molding someone else bait and then selling it as an original is not cool but lets be real about this. Lets take the seiko for example, damn near everybody has a seiko bait not called a seiko. I remember a guy getting banned before I joined the site over an issue on types of hinges on swim baits and his opinion. Funny that bait maker is now using screw eyes for his glide baits after claiming he had a brilliant revelation off of a door hinge that was done decades before he ever started making baits. My point is most here who are ready to form a lynch mob have bought knock offs or are busy trying to tongue punch the bait making dirt star to gain favor.

Nothing says fanboy more than the ole' tongue punching of the bait makers dirt star to gain favor. I liked this post because of that reference. Talking about a-hole's is a lost art form.

The bottom line is that if there were enough 3:16 hard baits that a normal person could get one without investing hours and hours sitting around waiting for them to go up on the site or having to be part of some club or go to some show, then where would be no market for knock offs.  I fish the crap out of the 3:16 baits that i have and they catch tons of fish, but stopped trying to get them because i would rather fish or do other things then sit around hoping i can get one.  There are plenty of other good baits out there.  I emailed them about six months ago asking when the gill glide would be available to the public and was told soon.  At the end of the day you need to put the bait infront of the fish to catch it, so the bait is only a very small portion of the reason guys catch fish, i can think of quite a few guys that stick hawgs on just about every bait they throw.  they know how and where to fish.  Sure hope 3:16 starts letting some baits other than the wakes go out for pre order. 

A knockoff is far different than a direct copy..so many knockoff the Roman style, so many knockoff the ac plug, so many knockoff the spook..there are only so many types of baits..just like there are hundreds of brands of hammers..that's fine..make your version of the original..but it's sh!tty thing to directly mold someone's bait..if someone is too cheap or less fortunate they can't buy a bag of senkos and pouring your own is more economical..then make your own design or buy a copyright or patent license..otherwise yeah it's stealing..but most the knapster generation doesn't care as long as they get what they want

Edited by BigSlant

I can totally appreciate the heads up on the knock offs/fakes whatever ya wanna call em. Buyer beware and do your research... i havent read every post on this but jeasus, 9 pages..? Can't we all put more time and effort into talking about fishing, methods and helping a swimbaiter out how when and where and personal results ect.???

A knockoff is far different than a direct copy..so many knockoff the Roman style, so many knockoff the ac plug, so many knockoff the spook..there are only so many types of baits..just like there are hundreds of brands of hammers..that's fine..make your version of the original..but it's sh!tty thing to directly mold someone's bait..if someone is too cheap or less fortunate they can't buy a bag of senkos and pouring your own is more economical..then make your own design or buy a copyright or patent license..otherwise yeah it's stealing..but most the knapster generation doesn't care as long as they get what they want

I understand completely what you are trying to say. Everyone has a different opinion. Let me start by saying i have never bought a knockoff bait like the ones we are discussing. Ive had a couple 3:16's, was very dissapointed in how they ran. Sold em and dont plan on buying more.

Anyways i dont have time to be looking through the internet on forums or ebay to find rare 3:16 baits(i guess all 316 baits are very rare or at least thats how people make it seem). I just want to buy a readily avaliable bait and fish it to death. Luckily for me i only use 3 types or baits. Hudds, slammers and s-wavers all which are avaliable all day anyday. But i can understand why someone would buy a knockoff, not everyone has time to be browsing the internet all day to look for baits when they can just pay for a knockoff and fish now. I think the supply is the problem here. Im glad i dont care for those baits, i would be broke by now. Not trying to argue with anyone. Just another opinion.

Sorry for any punctuation error. English is not my first language

Lol you don't have to spend more time looking for a 3:16 than any other bait.Post a wtb post and spend 30 seconds a day bumping it up lol.I doubt anyone spends "hours a day" browsing for 316s

So i should make a wtb post and then buy a bait at 3x original price? Tried getting an a list, wait was to long. Tried emailing a couple bait makers, no response. Like i said, the baits i buy are readily avaliable and catch just as many fish and i dont buy or like buying knockoffs but I understand if someone was to buy a knock off. Not everyone has the time and money

Edited by d-camarena