Rumor of World Record Largemouth Bass Caught this last Saturday here in Az

YELOSUB

This sounds like the "12lber" this woman a town over from me caught...

http://www.wickedlocal.com/x104356352/Marlborough-womans-big-fish-tale

I didn't know whether to laugh or throw the "Not Allowed" up reading that trash

This is exactly what i said to egoodnow last night i knew it wasn't really the record. the amount of people i come across claiming they catch 15 pound bass in my lakes in Massachusetts is ridiculous. i had a guy tell me that a fish he pulled from this small pond i frequent must of been 25-30 pounds. He was using an ugly stick as well.... smh 

Anyone remember how Turner's used to put out a big fish story with their semi-weekly ad?

A few of my friends and I started submitting ridiculous stories after seeing way too many "internet 10#ers". My buddy managed to get his pic and story published with a decent 20 pound halibut that he claimed was caught on a double blade buzz bait over kelp canopies, and that the fish went 45#.

This sounds like the "12lber" this woman a town over from me caught...

http://www.wickedlocal.com/x104356352/Marlborough-womans-big-fish-tale

Good advice from this article. Write this down...it's important . "you try to keep the tension on the line, if you give him slack, he’ll jiggle away." Edited by yev14

I agree...And Saguaro had a fish kill (golden algae) some time ago so I'm very surprised that if the story is true that a fish of this magnitude was caught...

I disagree. That is recipe for a new cycle with a new lake record usually at 10 year mark of reintroduction.

If it really had a crankbait in its belly somebody had a chance to catch that record fish on real tackle and lost it. Poor guy probably telling his buddies about the monster that got away and they're rolling their eyes. Maybe they'll believe him now.

What about the guy who caught it on a bottle cap!

Anyone remember how Turner's used to put out a big fish story with their semi-weekly ad?

A few of my friends and I started submitting ridiculous stories after seeing way too many "internet 10#ers". My buddy managed to get his pic and story published with a decent 20 pound halibut that he claimed was caught on a double blade buzz bait over kelp canopies, and that the fish went 45#.

That's hilarious!! Not surprising at all....

Reel talk gentleman... another 5+ red-ear sunfish was caught at Havasu week or two ago. Didn't beat the world record 5.5 caught here a few years back. "Game and fish say dropshoting live nightcrawlers are a good bet" lol..

post-29517-0-74479400-1493454622_thumb.jpg

Edited by arizonabigriver